TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Generator Stand/intake manifold gasket questions
jimisox Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 pm

I was sold and told all I need is the metal flanged gasket. I took off the stand and saw one paper, the metal and another paper gasket....do I need all of that again? I was told all I needed was the metal one and I'd be fine. Just want to be sure before I put it all back together tomorrow. Also while I was in there trying to get the stand out, I thought I needed to pull the intake manifold..please don't ask, I had clearance issues..I know now to loosen the shroud...So I did take the intake off and now I am wondering if I need to install new gaskets for that as well, or can I just use the old ones...and the little silver circular seals? inside of the intake to the block/case. Thanks for your help in advance

t.tuescher Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 am

you should get the paper gaskets. for the stand and the intakes, who ever told you that you would be fine with one metal gasket for the generator is full of :-&

andk5591 Sat May 22, 2010 3:25 am

unless I have a pretty complete gasket set in my stash, I just order one and have it on hand when I start tearing things apart - they are cheap (under $20) and then your butt is covered. As far as gaskets on the gen stand, I have seen that folks just use metal, but I also do the paper myself - don't want to take a chance.

Paul Windisch Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 am

You'll need to repace the intake gaskets, as well.