TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 2.0 L Air intake Question (82 Westy AC)
CQ Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 pm

I got a dumb question, I am putting a new engine in my AC 82 Westy. I have I just redid my intake/ fuel rail all pretty and new clamps and hoses. So now my question is are both intake tubes (left and right ) the same, for teh life of me I cant remeber how I pulled them off and they look so close to being the same, so anybody out there know if they are the same part and does not matter left to right?

Randy in Maine Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Are you referring to these intake runner hoeses?

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=039133241

If so it doesn't matter as they are the same. I put htem on from the left side working my to the right side myself. Some WD 40 helps them slide easier.

CQ Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:23 pm

No Randy,I am refering to the actual intake where the fuel injection hook into (the silver metal tubes) and hook into those sleeves you are talking about. They look about the same to me.

Randy in Maine Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:48 pm

But they are not quite the same. One set (and i think it is the 1/2 side) are closer at the ends where the runner hoses attach to the tubes/plenum.

Just put them on loosely, along with the intake plenum, and then the other side and observe where they are pointing to in the plenum.

82WestyMan Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:51 pm

They make look the same but if I remember right from when I put my engine together, they only fit one way to line up properly to the center piece
Maybe this will help

Randy in Maine Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Based on that picture I now think the 3/4 side are the closer of the two.

CQ Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Great! Thanks guys, this really helps me out tons, like I said I don't have the engine back so I am trying have everything squared away so I can just install all of it at once. I will go look at my set up and see if I need to change it looks like the left side tubes are a little closer to each other.