TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: "The Resurrection Project". Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
TheResurrectionProject Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 pm

for the recorded for those who never saw it... it was neon green!! 8) 8) 8)

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 am

for the rear...at some point thr was a attempt to put on a rear clip witch was done very poorly and was put on with the over lap method.. so it will be removed... and have two Wolf bumper bracket/inner well panels put on and a few rips and dents worked out them re attached with a but weld..

Rich's 50 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 am

stedeone wrote: Can't wait to see the final results when complete. The Folks are always top notch !

Thanks man, I knew right off the bat when I talked to Jason that i had noting to worry about and he knew how the FOLK'S get down :!:

Rich's 50 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:23 am

themacnut wrote: Rich, thanks for sharing the build. Your cars have been amazing and an inspiration. Great to see the process, it's the best part. Jeff

Your welcome..... :D

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:37 am

ok.... yustrn 8) is on his way over to swoop up th vert.. then we off to class A... i will snap some shots while we drop it off... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich's 50 Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:58 am

:D Sweet.........Thanks Eric and Jason

derRHDmeister Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 am

TheResurrectionProject wrote:

8) 8) 8) Very solid base project... 8) 8) 8)
in this pic... we see the radio hole area will need a donor..(from left to right) who's got it.... :D must be 100% correct... thanx in advance... :D

Check out Jimmy (roth) as he has my old dash piece from the '56 oval. He may let ya carve that radio hole area if you sweeten him up a bit... ;-) Better yet, he is local too...

derRHDmeister Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 am

BTW, looking good! :-) Another oval vert done up right!

Rich, I highly recommend you to check out Jimmy's vert! :shock:

F-22A Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 am

Rich's 50 wrote: Since I'm just starting out on my latest project a 56 Convertible I figured I'd start a thread for folks to watch as it progresses and to give credit to Jason for all his hard work and his talent. As most of you guys know, The FOLKS really dont show alot of there builds on the net but it was important to me and to give credit to Jason and his work.

That's great news Rich. 8)

Considering how good the car's are, for me it's a pity more of the Folk's build's aren't in the public domain so it's fantastic we'll get to see this one progress here and after watching the progress of Eric's car it seems you couldn't have picked a better guy to do the metal work.

I'm going to enjoy watching this one come along.

Erik G Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Solid homie. wish I was back in Sacramento to watch this one go down in person

jimmy1 Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:20 pm

derRHDmeister wrote: TheResurrectionProject wrote:

8) 8) 8) Very solid base project... 8) 8) 8)
in this pic... we see the radio hole area will need a donor..(from left to right) who's got it.... :D must be 100% correct... thanx in advance... :D

Check out Jimmy (roth) as he has my old dash piece from the '56 oval. He may let ya carve that radio hole area if you sweeten him up a bit... ;-) Better yet, he is local too... dare, thanks for letting me know, i forgot about that. rich, their yours

Rich's 50 Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Thank you Sir 8)

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Rich's 50 wrote: :D Sweet.........Thanks Eric and Jason
:D :D :D just doin' what we love :D :D :D

(thank you)

4xmike Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:29 pm

TheResurrectionProject wrote: for the recorded for those who never saw it... it was neon green!! 8) 8) 8)

That is a sick a$$ beam.

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 pm

btw.... thanx a bunch jimmy for hookn' up the dash panel...
if you want me to cut it out bring the whole dash by when you pick up your top secret suprize parts from me on monday.... 8) 8) 8)

thanx again... *J

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm

the picture doesnt realy do it justice.... over all it is in just about the best condition i see them in as a donor...the inner wells are ver straight, all the captive nuts are intact and the bumper brackets are very nice and not drilled or stripped>>>with that combination of things... it is in my opinion a perfect donor! we are most likely using a Wolf parts tire well and re using just the stamped section of the apron and grafting the outter skin from a repro panel... we will be very limited to the amount of repro metal we attach to this project... however for this application we will use both the oem apron and repro apron together... 8)

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:19 pm

ok... i see this smoke and mirrors trick all to often... :lol: :lol: :lol: the good old "over lap the clip trick" :lol: 8) :lol:

so it has been removed and will be getting some major attention at the inner wells and the bumper brackets... also.. notice it is off a sedan and the rain gutter section will need to disappear... still over all very usable donor...

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:38 pm

ok...as ice cube put it best "today was a good day" :lol: :lol: :lol:

me and yustrn finished up some final prep before blast...removed the body off the" roller" pan, hardware, and cut off the front and rear clips... :D

8) 8) 8) 8) the crew at class A love the verts :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok... so the vert has arrived at ur new home for the next weak.... so during this time we will whip up a rotisserie just in time to mount the body to, and then start the fabrication process 8) 8) 8)

Rich's 50 Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:28 pm

WOW :shock: I'm liking the Baja look bro.....Maybe.....Nevermind :D

The overlap is a trip :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheResurrectionProject Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Rich's 50 wrote: WOW :shock: I'm liking the Baja look bro.....Maybe.....Nevermind :D

The overlap is a trip :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:......my crystal ball is telln me...."no baja's in my future" :lol: :lol: :lol:

as for the overlap... thats ghetto fabulous fabrications... all the cool kids are doin' it... :lol: :lol: :lol: