TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official Pressed Bumper Westfalia thread Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
earlywesty Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Well I searched and couldn't find an official thread for counting remaining pressed bumper westfalias. Recent discussion suggests there aren't too many early pre-SO23 westys out there, so let's post of up pics of these cool early busses!

I would start it off myself, but mine's not real, so somebody with one step up!

Lind Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:51 pm

here are some pics of my all original '58 westy. it was produced in june 1958.

earlywesty Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Lind wrote: here are some pics of my all original '58 westy. it was produced in june 1958.

Thats a beautiful bus Lind! I hope to have one myself some day....

sub-hatchtim Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 pm

that makes 2 my 58 westy

campingbox Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Here's my '55:

Ay my '56:

Build thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=441883

One eyed duck Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:35 pm

From your 'Looking for early pressed bumper Westfalia info resources' topic:

campingbox wrote: Lind had the westfaliaregistry.com site going for a while, but lost interest in it about six years ago. That was a cool site, but I think it was alot of work to keep going.

We're all missing that site Lind...... :wink:

April '56 Camping Box Export model

One of several pressed bumper westfalia buses over here in the UK now.....

earlywesty Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:50 pm

sub-hatchtim wrote: that makes 2 my 58 westy

Cool snow pic!

campingbox Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Here's my '58:

earlywesty Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:55 pm

campingbox wrote: Here's my '55:

Ay my '56:

Build thread:

I just now realized that you have two blue camping box westys... what month is the one pictured above? Wolfsburg campers are cool...No holding out, we all know you have more... :lol:

campingbox Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:03 pm

buseric wrote: campingbox wrote: Here's my '55:

Ay my '56:

Build thread:

I just now realized that you have two blue camping box westys... what month is the one pictured above? Wolfsburg campers are cool...No holding out, we all know you have more... :lol:

It's a July '55 campingbox bus.

BUCIOBATISTI Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:42 pm

campingbox wrote: Here's my '58:

There was a fully turnkey 1958 European Campingbox with semaphores for sale in the Auto Trader here in San Diego back in about 1987-1988. They were asking $1100 for it, it was a full on driver, and it was for sale for over a year with no takers! I can vividly recall the little black and white pic of it showing the driver's side straight on. Never heard a word of where it went. The way shit was back then, it could have made it's way to Pick Your Part. Yes, this is one of those instances where my own recollection of crazy details from 23-24 years ago blows my own mind.

Lind Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:13 pm

One eyed duck wrote: campingbox wrote: Lind had the westfaliaregistry.com site going for a while, but lost interest in it about six years ago. That was a cool site, but I think it was alot of work to keep going. We're all missing that site Lind...... :wink:
it will be back sometime soon, like in the next couple months. I have a little more time to work on some of those projects lately.

Kommercial Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Are we ever going to get to see pics of the burnt one greg? As painful as it may be, I can't look away

earlywesty Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Lind wrote: One eyed duck wrote: campingbox wrote: Lind had the westfaliaregistry.com site going for a while, but lost interest in it about six years ago. That was a cool site, but I think it was alot of work to keep going. We're all missing that site Lind...... :wink:
it will be back sometime soon, like in the next couple months. I have a little more time to work on some of those projects lately.

Great to hear Lind... Look forward to it...

campingbox Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Kommercial wrote: Are we ever going to get to see pics of the burnt one greg? As painful as it may be, I can't look away

Here are some "as found" photos, before the fire.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8423892@N04/sets/72157601085354913/

The original colors were light grey/dark grey/light grey.

I do not know what color the pinstripe was, but you could tell it had a single stripe above the beltline.

Stuart in the UK has a '56 Westy (the one Rich Cantu sold a year or two ago) with this identical color scheme that he is restoring.

Long-roofs Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 pm

'56 and Greg's in '97.

earlywesty Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 am

Found these in the gallery, anybody know the status?

1956 Camping Box

Oct '55 Camping box - for sale a couple of years ago here - same as above?

Dec. '55 Camping box

'58 Westfalia

perello Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:01 am

Mine is an early SO23 from Aug 58....late model compared to all you show here but still its a "pressed bumper westfalia" in resto status

campingbox Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 am

buseric wrote: Found these in the gallery, anybody know the status?

1956 Camping Box

Oct '55 Camping box - for sale a couple of years ago here - same as above?

Dec. '55 Camping box

'58 Westfalia

The red one sold and is now in Central California, the brown one sold and is in the UK being restored, and the green/green one sold and is now in Utah.

House Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 am

Greg, you better add the Live Lightly and Montana buses too... ;)