TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Tomorrow is the end of the world - The Rapture Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
crukab Sat May 21, 2011 7:56 am

All right, someone call a friend in Suva Fiji, see whats going on --it's sunday--2:55 a.m.------------- :lol:

5 pages of this Babble ??? :lol:

bigbadbug53 Sat May 21, 2011 8:17 am

TheRustySuper wrote: hmmmm...so this means that the world will be ending at my senior prom. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

reguardless of the apocalipse your life pretty much ends after prom.......

theastronaut Sat May 21, 2011 8:29 am

If these guys really believed in and followed the Bible like they say they do they wouldn't be making these stupid rapture predictions in the first place. From the book of Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36, Jesus speaking:

(The subject of the passage is the rapture.)

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

This clearly shows their ignorance of the scriptures. I'm a Christian, but not the type that most of you think of. The vast majority of what churches in America teach is twisted and distorted from what the Bible really teaches, and turned into a teaching that glorifies what religious man can do; so that the pastors and teachers get the applause. Because of that, and peoples' ignorance of the Bible in general, most "christians" aren't true Christians; and so they don't act the way they would if they were true Christians. Honestly, I hate to be associated with what many believe "Christianity" to be, including this mess about predicting when the rapture will be.

DAIZEE Sat May 21, 2011 8:48 am

Well as far as I care to understand it, if you are not raptured at 6 pm EST Saturday , then you are in for Armeggedan continuously thru to Oct. 21st.

So I guess we'll have a role count on Oct 22nd!! :lol:

my65vert Sat May 21, 2011 8:49 am

The "rapture" has happened every day that man has been. Every time someone dies they have reached their personal "rapture". There is no single day that everyone "raptures" at once.

doc1369 Sat May 21, 2011 8:50 am

theastronaut wrote: If these guys really believed in and followed the Bible like they say they do they wouldn't be making these stupid rapture predictions in the first place. From the book of Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36, Jesus speaking:

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

This clearly shows their ignorance of the scriptures. I'm a Christian, but not the type that most of you think of. The vast majority of what churches in America teach is twisted and distorted from what the Bible really teaches, and turned into a teaching that glorifies what religious man can do; so that the pastors and teachers get the applause. Because of that, and peoples' ignorance of the Bible in general, most "christians" aren't true Christians; and so they don't act the way they would if they were true Christians. Honestly, I hate to be associated with what many believe "Christianity" to be, including this mess about predicting when the rapture will be.

If it helps, if all Christians were like you I might be interested in the faith. I can't tell you how many times I've been cut off by someone in traffic to see a Christian bumper sticker on the vehicle. It's not the belief in something you can't prove that bothers me about organized religion.

KTPhil Sat May 21, 2011 9:00 am

New drinking game: Turn on the news and take a shot every time you hear the word "rapture."

bigbadbug53 Sat May 21, 2011 9:11 am

KTPhil wrote: New drinking game: Turn on the news and take a shot every time you hear the word "rapture."

Wow im already out of alcohol and im surrounded in empty bottles ! Wait i just woke up ai fell asleep with the tv on last night again jeesh...

EverettB Sat May 21, 2011 10:08 am

bigbadbug53 wrote: TheRustySuper wrote: hmmmm...so this means that the world will be ending at my senior prom. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

reguardless of the apocalipse your life pretty much ends after prom.......
Only if she gets pregnant!
(And won't abort)

coad Sat May 21, 2011 11:11 am

Maybe the Rapture DID happen, but no one qualified?

Foxx Sat May 21, 2011 11:32 am

i raptured 3 times last night,.it was delicious

Madtat Sat May 21, 2011 11:45 am

UGHH!!! I just got home and have a rapture party after party hang over.
[-o< Please let 2012 be the same

Tram Sat May 21, 2011 1:16 pm

doc1369 wrote: theastronaut wrote: If these guys really believed in and followed the Bible like they say they do they wouldn't be making these stupid rapture predictions in the first place. From the book of Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36, Jesus speaking:

If it helps, if all Christians were like you I might be interested in the faith. I can't tell you how many times I've been cut off by someone in traffic to see a Christian bumper sticker on the vehicle. It's not the belief in something you can't prove that bothers me about organized religion.

Let's say that Christ was a rock star.

How many other rock stars do you judge by the actions of their fan clubs? You don't. You let the music speak, and it either talks to you, or it doesn't. Correct?

PS: No religion intended; I'm merely making a point.

MrBreeze Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Tram wrote:

How many other rock stars do you judge by the actions of their fan clubs? You don't. You let the music speak, and it either talks to you, or it doesn't. Correct?

That would make Jesus the son of Clapton?

doc1369 Sat May 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Tram wrote: doc1369 wrote: theastronaut wrote: If these guys really believed in and followed the Bible like they say they do they wouldn't be making these stupid rapture predictions in the first place. From the book of Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36, Jesus speaking:

I see what your saying. Only problem in this case the music is written by the fans. There isn't a single religion on earth where the "word of god" wasn't written by a human. Not saying there isn't a higher power. I also would never judge anyone who uses that human written word to better their life and the lives around them. Just pisses me off when people use "God" to justify being a waste of breath.

Tram Sat May 21, 2011 2:13 pm

MrBreeze wrote: Tram wrote:

That would make Jesus the son of Clapton?

Better to be the Son of Clapton than the Father of Justin Bieber...

anthracitedub Sat May 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Is it over yet? I just got done putting the doors back on my Ghia, so I didn't notice.

Tram Sat May 21, 2011 2:16 pm

doc1369 wrote: Tram wrote: doc1369 wrote: theastronaut wrote: If these guys really believed in and followed the Bible like they say they do they wouldn't be making these stupid rapture predictions in the first place. From the book of Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36, Jesus speaking:

I see what your saying. Only problem in this case the music is written by the fans. There isn't a single religion on earth where the "word of god" wasn't written by a human. Not saying there isn't a higher power. I also would never judge anyone who uses that human written word to better their life and the lives around them. Just pisses me off when people use "God" to justify being a waste of breath.

Agree 100%. But it's the people who do it that are to blame. If you like spaghetti, would you refuse to eat it because douchebags eat it too?

Glenn Sat May 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Tram wrote: Better to be the Son of Clapton than the Father of Justin Bieber...
Clapton's son fell out a window 53 stories up.

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.

doc1369 Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Good point Tram. I always enjoyed driving any camaro I ever owned. I just hope I live long enough to see us make contact with intelligent life outside Earth. I'm very curious to see what their take on religion is going to be. My luck they would be Wiccan :lol: