TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Dream Bus Poll Page: 1, 2  Next
BUCIOBATISTI Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:20 pm

OK, I have a poll I'd like to take. If you could afford any of the following Busses, which would you take? Keep in mind, many of these are either not even close to For Sale, and the ones that could be bought would probably more than empty your bank account. I'm just curious to see what is most interesting.

1. Charlie Hammill's '58 Double Door Panel with 409 original miles.
2. Danny Zepeda's '60 Standard Sunroof, Right Hand Drive, semiphores, factory safaris, and original Mango Green/Seagull Grey paint.
3. Dave Sweinhagen's '60 Double Door Standard Sunroof with original Sealing Wax Red/Beige Grey paint.
4. Dick Christenson's 1950 Fire Panel with 11k original kilometers.
5. That 1954 Barndoor Ambulance, Right Hand Drive, factory safaris, Behr scoop, deluxe dash, deluxe trim, optional rear hatch/barndoor decklid that Jeff Grant posted in the gallery recently.
6. Dean Anderson's low mileage 1955 Barndoor Standard, Brown on Tan.
7. That all original '52 Smooth Gate Single Cab over in England, I think.
8. Dave Sweinhagen's '51 Barndoor Kombi Firetruck with factory Sunroof.
Now, in the Deluxe Class, which of the following would you prefer?

1. Mac Jones' (formerly Mike Hornbecker's) ultra-low-mileage '52 Barndoor 23 Deluxe.
2. Matt Devine's freshly restored '52 Barndoor 23 Deluxe (Grey one).
3. Rikki James' lowered, Porsche engine/trans, original paint '54 RHD Barndoor 23 Deluxe.
4. Rick Clark's magazine cover Bus, 1953 Barndoor 23 Deluxe.
5. Richie King's (now John's in CA) mostly original, beautiful, '54 Right Hand Drive Barndoor 23 Deluxe.
Happy Choosing!

Mowser Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:07 pm

#5 and #1

The ambulance would just be way cool and

the low mileage barn 23 is just the best of the bunch.... oldest and most original

Hella Bro Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:40 am

Let's see,,, I can afford any one of the following buses,,okay,,easy answer for me,,
NONE of them!

javedub Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:52 am

1st 54 rhd barndoor
2nd 53 barn 23 deluxe

Andrew Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:34 pm

#2, then #5

I love RHD buses as well as sunroof buses, so put them together, you've got an awesome bus.

I would take #1 for my second choice, but I would never drive it because of the ultra-low-mileage. I would want something I woudn't be afraid to drive.

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beete
'67 Deluxe Bus

[email protected] Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:13 pm

would be nice to have a time machine an get a brand new barndoor in 1950. but i am happy with my 1959 kombi. but still need the $50.00 full lenth middle seat. yeah right.#8 firebus would be cool to drive to work, my fire chief might let me take days off for parades.

[email protected] Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:24 pm

#5 and #3 and drive em both.

58Type2 Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:38 am

Well, I have less than 10 bucks in my bank account, so you are right it would drain it. So, I think I will just stick to my '58 Single cab. I have already figured that I would not take less than $10 million for it so I think it is safe to say I love it, even if it is not mint, like everyone wants.

Now, if I won the lottery....no, we have to play to win, and in order to play you have to have money...I guess my post was a little waste of space, sorry folks.

UZI Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:59 am

great poll!!!
i was drawn to dave sweinhagens sunroof standard. i've seen other stuff i'd like to have, i won't mention it until it's mine. i have a mango/gull grey 1960 double door standard completely original with 78k miles

roy Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:25 pm

i would take the double door sunroof standard and the low mileage 23 window...i saw that double door sunroof standard the first time at jerome this last year and man, i fell in love, that is the coolest bus i could ever imagine

roy Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:28 pm

BUCOBTSTI, what about yourself, which would you pick?

BUCIOBATISTI Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:46 pm

Ahh......hmmmm. Let's see. I intentionally tried to create a "even" field of candidates to make you get a headache in deciding. I think that Mac Jones' '52 23 is undeniably the most desirable Bus on the face of the earth. It has something like 17K og miles, 100% og throughout, one of the oldest Deluxes ever, certainly 10 times the next best Bus in my opinion. The problem with it is that in owning it, you own a pinacle part of our hobby and there is a serious amount of responsibility that goes with that. I almost feel as though it should never be driven so that the finest example could be preserved to it's max potential. I know other people think the same about it. As for the rest, I'm partial towards the earliest Buses. Therefore, Dave Sweinhagen's '51 Fire Kombi Sunroof is a wacko Bus that gets me mostly erect. I like wierd combinations too though, something that nobody else has and that leads me toward Danny Zepeda's '60 Standard RHD, Sunroof, semiphores, factory safaris, and og Mango Green/Seagull Grey paint. I've been known to like a custom Bus or two though so Rikki James' is up there. I really can't pick I guess, each is incredible in it's own way...

EverettB Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:27 pm

#7, I like things smooth.
#1 and I would drive it as much as possible.

ConradK Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:12 pm

My dream bus is my bus running and one day drive it to a local show. At least that's been my dream for 10 years.

Andrew Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:17 pm

LOL!

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus

rikki james Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:05 am

Anyone got any pix of number 2 please? :wink:

palmerj Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:47 am

I think I'd be too scared to drive any of these buses! I'm not worthy to own a super low mileage bus, cos I'd drive the guts out of it cos I just love driving buses! It wouldn't be low mileage by the time I was done....

But i just love fireturcks so I'll risk #8!

NorCalWeekender Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:21 am

#2 and #5...I'm with Andrew on this one.

-Taylor

jeremyrockjock Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:29 am

1 and 3

Ghis Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:45 am

If you see my reply to the Bus Dream thread you will see why.

And

I love Devine's bus.

These are the two buses I would kill for.