TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 58 dome light switch?
jeffros 58 Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm

getting a feel out there on reproducing the dome light switch from the door post on 54-60 type 1 . in restoring my 58 that was a tuffy to find . just want to justify making all the dies and fixtures for making them . I dont know of any one repopping them . will keep a posting of this build if I can see a market for them .what do you think 8)

GüteAndTite Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:44 pm

they are out of stock at WW, but they seem to repop them:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113947561B

jeffros 58 Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:51 pm

yea ,tryed to get the one switch I needed when I was rebuilding mine from ww. and they were out then . finally found one at a swap meet after a two month search .but just looked tonight after posting this found a pair on here for the first time in along time . :shock:

GüteAndTite Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

jeffros 58 wrote: yea ,tryed to get the one switch I needed when I was rebuilding mine from ww. and they were out then . finally found one at a swap meet after a two month search .but just looked tonight after posting this found a pair on here for the first time in along time . :shock:

definately worth making if they arent available. while youre at it can you repop the cigar ashtray piece, grey 56-60 ebrake boots and grey 56-60 accordion shifter boots in grey, 58 only hella peanuts with sharp edge lens, 58-60 dash trim with cast in mounting pegs, and 56-60 arm rest parts??

you would be my hero !

a lot of people think restoring an oval is hard, but so much is reproduced, same as 60's cars.

what is hard is split windows, 58-60 cars, and 68-73 standards and supers

nobody produces the special parts from these eras so you must find originals. I prefer original parts, but in order to keep the hobby alive and cars on the road, repro is necessary! I applaud you wanting to make parts and hope you get the switches made! BRAVO!! :lol:

jeffros 58 Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:47 pm

ok ,wait a minuite one thing at a time :)

Jgowin Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:12 am

Did you ever make any progress with this ideal?