TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Exaggerated exhaust anyone? Page: 1, 2  Next
505BusFanatic Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm

I channeled my inner comedian and dove right in. Slowest vehicle on the road and one of the most Fast and Furious exhaust systems out there. lol

Sounds like a WRX is coming around the bend :lol: and it is remarkably light on the ears, the baffles in the pipes are awesome.

ned Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 am

Wow... That is a really cool theatre!

Desertbusman Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 am

ned wrote: Wow... That is a really cool theatre!
Yes it is Ned. Beautiful old Southwest architecture. But aesthetically, sticking those different period out of place light standards in front looks like squat.

bugger101 Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:42 am

now we need a video :D

Kirk Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:06 am

Desertbusman wrote: ned wrote: Wow... That is a really cool theatre!
Yes it is Ned. Beautiful old Southwest architecture. But aesthetically, sticking those different period out of place light standards in front looks like squat.

Wow! They show first run movies or classics? Wonder what it looks like inside...

Desertbusman Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:16 am

Awesome place. Do the virtual tours. http://www.virtualalbuquerque.com/VirtualABQ/KimoTheater/
What a classic. 8)

busdaddy Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:21 am

Desertbusman wrote: ned wrote: Wow... That is a really cool theatre!
I agree, it is nice to look at, but the lights and bike racks do clash with the rest of it, what's the deal with the green curb and the no parking any time sign?

505BusFanatic Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 am

I had to wait about 5 minutes to get a pic with no cars coming in either direction and this was the ONLY one I got. Glad you dig it! The whole downtown scene has been revived as of late and it is coming out great.

bugger, no doubt on the vid. I had done a video on youtube of the glasspack on this same bus and I will shoot one of the current setup for inquiring minds. :lol:

Jody '71 Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:29 am

Don't forget the tour of Glorietta Pass once you head up north
around Sante Fe. Sibley's Confederates were up there; the Sangre de Christo mountain range is beautiful....

505BusFanatic Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 am

busdaddy wrote: Desertbusman wrote: ned wrote: Wow... That is a really cool theatre!
I agree, it is nice to look at, but the lights and bike racks do clash with the rest of it, what's the deal with the green curb and the no parking any time sign?

Easy there guys, lol. The green curb is universal for short term parking or loading only. There was a show last night and they reserve the space as the rest of the spaces are public parking along Route 66. The light posts and bike racks are not meant to blend with the Kimo itself, but to flow with the RT.66 flow that encompasses the 1/2 mile strip downtown and the celebration of the Centennial. That's why my plate is not yellow or with the hot air balloons, I got the centennial plate.

Wooot woot! Albuquerque, NM in the house!!!

505BusFanatic Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 am

Jody '71 wrote: Don't forget the tour of Glorietta Pass once you head up north
around Sante Fe. Sibley's Confederates were up there; the Sangre de Christo mountain range is beautiful....

Yes sir! There is a lot of history and majesty in this Southwestern state!

VWGirl Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 am

I like how this turned in to a thread about the building...

I have never seen a green curb... at least i don't think i have... just yellow red and white... apparently there is a blue curb too...

SixStringMadMan Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:51 am

That is a great shot in front of the theatre!

505BusFanatic Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 am

VWGirl wrote: I like how this turned in to a thread about the building...

I have never seen a green curb... at least i don't think i have... just yellow red and white... apparently there is a blue curb too...

hahaha, the building is awesome, so go figure it is taking the cake. lol At least it is keeping the purists off my back for now!! :lol:

Blue is handicapped and that is all of the curb designations there are, so now your curb education is complete. 8)

Thanks SixString!

jtauxe Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:08 am

Jody '71 wrote: Don't forget the tour of Glorietta Pass once you head up north
That's pretty much why I live here. The geographic setting we enjoy daily is just breathtaking. I'm looking out my window right now at the Sangre de Cristos, 40 km across the Rio Grande Rift. At night, I see the lights of Santa Fe twinkling to the south east, and the lights of Taos to the northeast.

Top that off with a few inches of fresh powder from the sky last night, and it's just... well... what more can I say? 8)

Oh, and the exhaust pipes are over the top! The only thing more outrageous might be to put vertical pipes on like the big rigs have. I could do that to the double cab, just for show. I wonder if I could get some at a big rig junk yard. That would be a hoot.

Kirk Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 am

Desertbusman wrote: Awesome place. Do the virtual tours. http://www.virtualalbuquerque.com/VirtualABQ/KimoTheater/
What a classic. 8)

Thanks! I'll definately swing in the next time I'm that way.

adamgraves Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 pm

apparently i cant copy/paste the image code on here with an ipad. check out my photos of rear exhaust. i modified a 4-tip monza and spread and tucked it so they sit on the outside barely poking out with rear bumper removed.

adamgraves Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 am

here we go:

505BusFanatic Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Back from the dead, I summons this post to be reborn! lol

2.5 years later that is still a sweet setup adamgraves!

I evolved my setup to remove the heater boxes and run mandrel bent stainless steel header pipes to some new angled 3" canons. These ones I set back more, as I had the room, unlike when I had to mate to the heater boxes.

Brian Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Awesome 8)