TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Nazis in Space with a KDF Wagen Page: Previous  1, 2
Patty B. Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: Its called "progressive refinements"
:lol:

Im sure it wasnt in the movies budget to get the real deal.

The part of the film with the Bug in it was filmed in an Australian sound stage--maybe the Auz members know more about the car.

Cusser Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:22 am

Patty B. wrote:

Not released yet in Phoenix.

Lahti35 Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:11 am

Patty B. wrote:

I've got to get one of these for the garage :D

petrol punk Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Someone say Nazis?

VOLKSWAGNUT Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 am

Anybody seen this yet.
Ive yet to see it advertised at ANY movie theater....
Hopefully I'll find it on a DVD.... someday.

Andi K Tue May 15, 2012 12:40 pm

I've seen the movie few days ago here in Germany.
But I doubt that it'll be released in the US as it's far more anti american than anti Nazi, to be honest. But all in all good fun. The film starts very promising and interesting,, but in the end it gets too ridiculous.

0nebadbug Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:03 am

You can buy the movie poster directly from iron sky's website now.... as well as pre-order the DVD & BD (unless you know someone in Finland and will ship it to you now)...

Kinda of funny in the IMDB they actually give it 3 stars!... must be one of those actually ironic type "fun" movies maybe... The trailers reminds the things Mel Brooks used to put out... as dry as they were they wound up being timeless classics. :lol:

Iron sky website, just navigate to the store ..
http://www.ironsky.net/site/

Patty B. wrote:

johnshenry Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:53 am

Probably because this isn't the split or oval Beetle forum, no one has analyzed every shot of the Beetle to figure out what year it is. But it is def not a '45. Vent windows (Oct '52 and newer) and oval horn grills make it at least an early oval. Anyone have any other screenshots/pics?

VOLKSWAGNUT Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 am

again..... Progressive refinements... :D.

jmartin7 Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:34 am

johnshenry wrote: Probably because this isn't the split or oval Beetle forum, no one has analyzed every shot of the Beetle to figure out what year it is. But it is def not a '45. Vent windows (Oct '52 and newer) and oval horn grills make it at least an early oval. Anyone have any other screenshots/pics?

Try this. http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_507027-Volkswagen-Typ-1.html

Undis Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 am

Look at the push- button door handles and the shape of the windshield. This bug is not a real split or even an oval.

lemke Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Andi K wrote: I've seen the movie few days ago here in Germany.
But I doubt that it'll be released in the US as it's far more anti american than anti Nazi, to be honest. But all in all good fun. The film starts very promising and interesting,, but in the end it gets too ridiculous.

Yeah, and the book was so much better.

VOLKSWAGNUT Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm

A co-worker just picked up a copy...
His exact words..."IT SUCKED"... he didnt even finish watching it... and he's a movie junkie.....
I'll post my take on it once I watch it.

19super73 Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am

Picked up my copy at Wal-Mart last week.

VOLKSWAGNUT Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:48 pm

19super73 wrote: Picked up my copy at Wal-Mart last week.

AND???

19super73 Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:46 pm

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: 19super73 wrote: Picked up my copy at Wal-Mart last week.

AND???

Awesome in it's b-movieness and badness. Anyone who went into this film with high expectations or to be so anal as to pick apart if the car was really a KDF needs to really take a more relaxed look at life.

All in all, funny if you don't really expect Oscar winning type things from it. Think "Grindhouse" or "Black Dynamite" and you will be pretty happy with it.

Of course I have movies in my collection like "Rubber", "Black Sheep"( NOT Chris Farley) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sheep_%282007_film%29 and "Frankenhooker" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenhooker

VOLKSWAGNUT Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 am

I had a chace to view this.... It was.... to say the least interesting.
As always... when I watch a movie. I checked reality at the door, so I can try to and enjoy it.
If the the leading German lady, (Julia Dietze), wasnt so cute, it would have mad it really bad...
I agee, typical out there Scifi, film, so dont expect much.
It has lots of poking fun at the USA.

Cusser Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:53 pm

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: I had a chace to view this.... It was.... to say the least ...interesting.

If the the leading German lady, (Julia Dietze), wasnt so cute, it would have mad it really bad...
I agree, typical out there Scifi, film, so dont expect much.
It has lots of poking fun at the USA.

I watched this today, free at https://genvideos.org/watch?v=Iron_Sky_2012#video=-TTLaTlDRMpN0eVhZhrzuQaF2YnC7m
xEOioLuYO07zA

Agree: Julia was pretty cute, even in uniform.