TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Wideband Kadron Tuning Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
UK Luke 72 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:49 am

I wasnt sure where i wanted to be at with the idle AFR thats why i pulled the plugs. colour looks good but i will take your advice and richen up. 14-15 a good place to be?

modok Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 am

A lot of engines won't even idle right leaner than 15, but I guess yours can, or that's how it is reading anyway.
I'd expect that having it set that lean would make it hard to idle before the engine is fully warmed up, but then again no need to use more than you need. Whatever works best.

UK Luke 72 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm

cool, it idles ok when warm at 20:1- just sounds more lopey 8)
I'll get that idle AFR dropped and get a few miles on it...

thanks for your input modok!!!

dreadnotmusic Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:45 pm

I'll post this here to continue the Kadron specific wideband thread:

1600 sp with dual Kadrons from KaddieShack and VintageSpeed lowered bus exhaust in a 66 bus.

Played with the LM-2 today to see where I was at. Full throttle and high rpm's AFR is great (12.8-13.2).

My idle jet seems rich as hell though while at VERY light throttle around 2000k rpms or so, such as when cruising down the road with very little foot on the pedal. (down to 9.8 - 10.1). That explains the black soot on the bumper.

Not sure what idle jets I have as the numbers are filed off. Are the Mikuni idle jets the same as Kadron's? I can get a set of those on this island (Guam) at a motorcycle shop. If not, how about the idles from 30 pict carbs? I have some of those around I could rob and ream them out once I measure what I have in there now (assuming they're smaller than what I currently have).

UK Luke 72 Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi Dread,
Yes the idles are the same as the PICT series carbs, I believe 31 PICT are the ones you need.
I'm running a 52.5 idle ATM and still have a rich cruise AFR (11:1)
I've gt to get those 50's in John just sent and try it again.