TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Opinion on stickers Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Robbo112233 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

So i am thinking of getting a few stickers on the rear windows on my Beetle and was wondering what people thought of them and if anyone has any, post a picture.

Here are some examples of what i mean, they dont have to be on Beetles, or on the windows even!

Glenn Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:28 pm

stale air Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Im not a big fan of them, well except for the one posted above, 8-[ but here is a thread you may like...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=325758&highlight=stickers

Robbo112233 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Glenn wrote:

Very nice!

stale air wrote: Im not a big fan of them, well except for the one posted above, 8-[ but here is a thread you may like...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=325758&highlight=stickers

Cheers, will look through that.

anthracitedub Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I used to rock a bunch of stickers when I was younger in my teens. Now that I have gray in my beard..... I prefer the clean look.... However I do have SUBLIME sticker in my back window.... But hat because they rock!!

mark tucker Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm

my wife has a honda element,the color is cargo kahki.it has a "H.5, half a hummer" sticker on it.

Robbo112233 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Sounds good, I don't want anything big or too many.

I'm thinking of getting a 'air cooled' one like in the picture above and that's all

RatCamper Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

There's a Kombi Club one on there now. I should get around to getting the AVD one and a TheSamba one too one day.

Oh, and the STP sticker fell off :(

L378 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

The great thing about stickers is you can always take them off. Don't like it, take it off. Get bored, take it off. All the stickers on my car came with the car. I only took one off because it started to peel.

mark tucker Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 pm

for got I have a funkenbroken sticker , but cant bring my self to put it on my bug. as it has only broken 1 clutch cable & I killed a cv.(burn out with 16x31"hoosire dirt track tires) so 10 years with big motors&heavy foot, I aint taken no chances.

gt1953 Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 pm

The ones i have on my rear side windows reads
The Heartbeat of Germany VW

drscope Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Putting them on the window glass is a good idea - no damage to the paint or funny marks when you take them off.

I usually found when I had them on the car I got a lot of unwated attention from law enforcment officials.

So you may need to decide is it worth it to look cool or would you rather the cops harrass someone else.

RatCamper Tue May 01, 2012 1:51 pm

drscope wrote: Putting them on the window glass is a good idea - no damage to the paint or funny marks when you take them off.

I usually found when I had them on the car I got a lot of unwated attention from law enforcment officials.

So you may need to decide is it worth it to look cool or would you rather the cops harrass someone else.

I don't think mine are too overboard. I mean it has the Fukenbroken one on there, but seriously I don't know who could argue that one.

crofty Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 pm

My old singlecab.

Robbo112233 Tue May 01, 2012 3:38 pm

I ordered mine today, i got two.
They are both in the coke kind of text and read 'Air-Cooled' and 'Low and Slow'

Im putting them on either back window

L378 Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm

The three on my drivers (left) rear quarter. Had a UCLA Medical on the oval window but started to peel and
visibility was pretty bad. I can do without the VVoAC sticker. I've searched for a most love car sticker, but haven't found one.

RatCamper Tue May 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Visibility is really the issue with putting stickers on a window. Not too worried about it in my bay because I can't see too much of use through the back window anyway. It's also why I prefer vinyl decals because it's transparent between the vinyl still as opposed to a sticker which causes a totally blind spot.

lowmitsu Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Less is more.

ho-dad Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 am

Put one of these "thin blue line" stickers on and the cops may leave you alone:

drscope Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 am

ho-dad wrote: Put one of these "thin blue line" stickers on and the cops may leave you alone:

I hope that works better then the FOP stickers! They never worked out too well for me.