TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Type 34 find - Black chop top Page: 1, 2  Next
prostock3 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 am

MURZI Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 am

Wow...... Kind rare huh. VERT!!!!!!

Bobnotch Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

It looks like someone started to build a convertible, and then stopped. The windshield also looks a little cut down too. It would be a fun car once it's finished though. :twisted:

P.S. Couldn't you find a bigger picture to use? :roll:

prostock3 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 am

pic of the front post

vwfye Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:39 am

please deliver that up to my house in SW Oregon ASAP! thank you

MURZI Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:01 pm

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!!!

Tram Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm

vwfye wrote: please deliver that up to my house in SW Oregon ASAP! thank you

You already dropped out on one, Smedley. The flames and pink scallops wouldn't fit, remembah? :roll:

vdubjim Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:56 pm

yes, steering coumn shaft and door bottoms make me think been outside a long time with no cover :(

Tram Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm

vdubjim wrote: yes, steering coumn shaft and door bottoms make me think been outside a long time with no cover :(

One word: Katrina.

MURZI Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Funny.... I was thinking one word: ENVY

The dude has one of 17 made and 5-6 known to exist. That's pretty special in my book$$$$$

Tram Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:10 pm

MURZI wrote: Funny.... I was thinking one word: ENVY

The dude has one of 17 made and 5-6 known to exist. That's pretty special in my book$$$$$

I have one here, too. Mine's not a real factory one. Neither is this.

MURZI Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:04 pm

How could you tell?? The area above the rear quarters looks factory to me....not cut. What are the tell tales.

Tram Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

MURZI wrote: How could you tell?? The area above the rear quarters looks factory to me....not cut. What are the tell tales.

Maybe you're seeing pictures I'm not on the other site?

According to all the info available, the chances of a real one having made it to the USA are probably less than nil.

But- a VIN number might help us determine if it's in the ballpark.

Lee Hedges Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 am

I spoke with Patrick today about this T34.

No front VIN plate and mounted on a 1965 Fastback chassis. From the body parts it appears to be from 1963 (manual heater vents, push-button controls, one-piece fresh-air vent trim, heater tube design under rear seat, etc). Definitely NOT an original M341 with the lack of rear seat frame support plate, vertical inner heater vents, & lack of under-dash dome light.

But he's got some amazing plans for it ...

MURZI Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:18 am

So Pat.....you gonna shove the Turbo motor in this baby???? Cruising the coast is right around the corner...GET BUSY!!! :lol: :lol: That would be flat out BAD AZZ!!!!

prostock3 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I am planning a hybrid wrx motor,2.5l turbo with about 350-400 hp
tied to a bus gear box, so I will have to convert the swing to irs rear, It will be a roadster, no rear seat, I won t mind cutting it up since it is not a real vert, disappointed a little, but more excited that I will be able to build it my way. I will post a complete step by step build for anyone intersted

Bobnotch Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:53 pm

prostock3 wrote: I will post a complete step by step build for anyone intersted

Please do. We always like seeing stuff actually get done. 8)

racoguy Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:49 am

Far better off using a WRX or STI 5 speed, motor is a direct bolt on and is just a much better box than a bus box plus the bonus of a 5 speed.
Subaru gears in Aussie make ring / pinion flip kits for these also, they fit a VW chassis unbelievably well plus its built to handle the power you are aiming for.

Once my Ghia is done I'm putting a Version7 STI engine in my 79 Vert, 380hp factory with a STI gearbox, some even have a factory LSD in them if you know what to look for.
Don't want to cut up the Ghia, where as the Bug I don't mind :lol:

T2 Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm

I know the original poster sold this car a year or two ago to someone in San Antonio. Is the new owner on here or does anyone know him and can pm me his info? I would like to track down this car. Any help is appreciated.

ALLWAGONS Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Where would one find a shortened type 34 windshield???