TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Reliable (new) Parts Supplier? Page: 1, 2  Next
VAVWFAN Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:21 am

To be honest, I've been using CIP1 for the bulk of my parts because I found their ordering system fairly easy to use. I've since been totally disappointed by them and need to find a new vendor.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

krautwaggen Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 am

Wolfsburg West and Bus Depot are my go to vendors outside of engine parts which I buy from a local shop.

Westfabulous Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 am

CIP can be hit and miss; they are slowly improving. Bus Depot has been flawless for me; Bus Boys has been very decent, and German Supply has some great NOS and OEM parts, but their shipping times have been the subject of debate. Another place that has hit my radar, and impressed me so far, is Airhead Parts.

krautwaggen Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 am

I like German Supply too, but don't order from them because and only because shipping prices from CAN to US sucks!

BumbleBus Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 am

Also a fan of WW & BD. Lately I've been having good luck with Mid America Motorworks also since they merged with OEVeeDub. I like how they have OEM/Repro comparisons and their email support is superior to anywhere else I've experienced so far. Wish they weren't so Bug/Type I-centric though and had more '72 & later bay stuff.

http://www.mamotorworkstv.com/vw/

aeromech Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Even though autohausaz isn't strictly a VW parts house they have quite a few parts for bay window buses. I've found their prices extremely good and shipping is free with orders over $50. They also don't charge me sales tax. Sometimes if I order early the parts are delivered to my door the next day. They'll email you a tracking number and use UPS which I've found to be a good carrier.

http://www.autohausaz.com/

djspn Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

I've used Bus Depot for years, but my last 2 experiences were less than satisfactory.
Recently placed my first order w Wolfsburg West:
Comfortable, easy to navigate site.
Prompt, thorough reply to e mail question.
All 5 parts in stock.
Parts shipped same day as order.
Simple notification w direct link to tracking page.
6 days total from order to Minnesota.
Reckon I'll use them again.

Desertbusman Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Airhead, Wolfsberg West, AutohausAZ, Chirco, Bus Boys, Bus Depot. However those are all good places, good people, and I wouldn't recommend you buying from any of them based on you wanting to sue CIP for a new engine when a defective part ruined your engine because you didn't understand how to setup an engine. :roll:

Forest Ape Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Bus Depot, Klassic Fab, & German Supply are my favorite vendors for ACVW. Communication & ship times could be better with the last two, but you ALWAYS get top quality when the package arrives. Bus Depot usually has the parts that I need & it's typically a 5 or 6 day turnaround from order to delivery here in Massachusetts.

aeromech Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:38 pm

I ordered a couple parts recently from Airhead. They held the shipment because one part was on backorder and never let me know. When I need parts... I need them fast so I was pissed and after calling them to find out where my order was I just canceled the whole thing and got the parts elsewhere. They admitted that their system sucks.

Randy in Maine Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Depending on what your looking for, aircooled.net is pretty good.

SGKent Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:49 pm

CIP1 has not been my favorite although they show some OEM parts no one else seems to have.

babysnakes Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

I've had good luck with Busboys and Bus depot. CIP1 is hit or miss as said above. I ordered window seals from them and got WW parts. Not everyone has every thing, so you have to search the web and the feedback thread.

OB Bus Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Westfabulous wrote: Another place that has hit my radar, and impressed me so far, is Airhead Parts.
Agreed!

OB Bus Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:50 pm

aeromech wrote: Even though autohausaz isn't strictly a VW parts house they have quite a few parts for bay window buses. I've found their prices extremely good and shipping is free with orders over $50. They also don't charge me sales tax. Sometimes if I order early the parts are delivered to my door the next day. They'll email you a tracking number and use UPS which I've found to be a good carrier. http://www.autohausaz.com/
Also agree here. If they have the part it is almost always the cheapest place. They usually list the manufacturers name, and shipping is quick and (if over $50) free.

aeromech Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi larry

Kirk Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:10 pm

I check busdepot first, and German Supply (more $$ but im not bitching) but I'll never buy from Bus Boys again.

sneakyjack Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Agreed CIP1 = hit or miss.
missed a bunch of times but a few times were good.

I like Busdepot but sometimes parts are back orders and not listed onthe sit e that way so you canloos ea dayor 2 just finding that out. But excellent customer service with phone calls and emails. Good returns too.

Haven't dealt with too many other mail order / online.

aeromech Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Walter at Bus Boys has always done right by me. What was your problem? He's like a one man operation (I suppose) and has always been great to deal with.

Westfabulous Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm

I am 100% guilty too, but it is amazing how we all pile on to this question every time it is asked, which seems to be once a month or so.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509380&highlight=busboys

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=362792&highlight=busboys