TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Wow... What a D!ck! Goto page 1, 2  Next
Indetrucks Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:16 pm

This guy purchased my Notch two days ago and now he's re-listing it for double than what he paid me.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1323562

Gave me a song and dance about it being JUST like the one his dad had back in the day and wanted to buy it just before he left for the Airforce so he could have it for when he gets back.

If you are considering looking at this car, message me first... I may save you the drive.
PS, he has a rack for it too. I guess he didn't like the way it looked.

My pic not two days ago
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/attachmen...1340403143

supaninja Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Damn that is a Richard move, he played the military card (I doubt he's really going in).

ALLWAGONS Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Worst Flipper ever!

chaosisme Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 pm

ALLWAGONS wrote: Worst Flipper ever!

There should be a hall of fame for that.

Shaven Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:24 pm

:shock:

markw Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 pm

A quick search would've showed the guy never leaves the classifieds and has 4 posts. That looks like a clean one too.

flyinglow94 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Why don't you leave him some feed back? In the buyer/seller section.

SamSmith Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 pm

This is gross. I feel bad that you got played like that. Hopefully no one falls for this.

krusher Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 am

How much did you knock of the price because of his story?

Glenn Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:18 am

Free enterprise in action.

Maybe you sold it too cheap. Maybe he's asking too much.

The market will decide.

Woreign Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:26 am

People do the same thing with houses, or at least they used to...

Indetrucks Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 am

flyinglow94 wrote: Why don't you leave him some feed back? In the buyer/seller section.

Meh... if he can get that kinda money for it, more power to him. Just hate the story some people tell ya to get the price down only to flip it.

I guess the bottom line is, I got what I wanted for it.

Glenn Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 am

Indetrucks wrote: I guess the bottom line is, I got what I wanted for it.
That's the bottom line.

But he's still a dick for lying to you.

MonT3 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:11 am

That's a low move to even post a similar ad not a week later to the same audience.

thom Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:36 am

montehm wrote: That's a low move to even post a similar ad not a week later to the same audience.

Happens all the time in the bus world. A lot of these guys will re-use the pix from the ad. Even better are the ones where they flip the car in-situ - they don't even take delivery of or dig out the car being flipped; they want you to send money then they tell you where you can go pick it up.

Nate M. Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 am

Lying in a transaction is not cool for sure.

However,. . .

You walked away happy with your money and it was a mutually acceptable transaction with no gun to the head involved.

Previous ownership does not give you a right to what happens to the car with the next owner(s). I see this all the time on these forums and it's ridiculous to think that after the sale, you have ANYTHING to do with the car. I understand feeling put out emotionally by a liar with a false story, but in the end, it's not your car anymore. Enjoy the memories you had in it and leave it at that.

The new owner could trailer it home and chop the top and turn it into a baja notch if he wants to. It's not your business what he does with it.

Chillkoot Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 am

You sold the the notch. It no longer belongs to you. What the next owner does with it is of no concern of yours. You can dwell or take it as a learning experience. You now know X$'s is X dollars, and wont lower your price based on a story.

thom Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 am

I've been socially-engineered in a similar fashion, so I feel for him.

You walked away happy with your money and it was a mutually acceptable transaction with no gun to the head involved.

This seems to be the universal flipper defense, but under what circumstances would this not be acceptable? Let's say he talked your grandmother into selling her house for $20 on a cock-and-bull story that it is situated on an Indian burial ground? Senile old Grams is happy with her $20 - is it acceptable then? Bernie Madoff's clientele seemed to be happy with the deal they were getting, so it's all cool, right?

I do a little buyer research now when I'm selling stuff. If I don't like what I see, I don't even answer the email. On top of that, I bump up the price to fend off the flippers. Maybe that lowers me to their level, but when you see rare parts that were socially-engineered out of you on someone else's swap table, it hardens your heart a little bit.

DaBlackSamba Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 am

wait is that a pedro rack you had on it? isn't that a crime to not like the way it looks?

flyinglow94 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 am

The first thing I look at is feed back. I Look to see how often the person in question has done to others. I chose not to deal with those that play these games and I have passed up many great deals but in the end it saves me some grief.