TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My 58 15w by Sept 15th (maybe) Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
tferr Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Well I guess it is time to start a thread on my 58 15w. Like many others I hope that by starting a thread it will help keep me on track and on time. Time is not on my side as I am trying to finish this bus by Sept 15th to use at my daughters wedding. No pressure eh!
Loaded and ready to go by 4:00pm Friday afternoon I have a friend who was nice enough to give me the use of his shop for this long holiday weekend

Interior was completed Saturday morning

Exterior was completed by Saturday evening. That was a long day

My camera was dead so no pics from another long day Sunday but here is the results brought home early Monday morning
[/img]

A big thanks to a good friend for the use of the booth and also to a good friend for taking all weekend to help get this done, Thanks Eric

Snoop Bob Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Nice.

BorisGrishenko Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm

That's some quick work. Keep posting updates, I'm curious to see this progress.

npbusguy Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Go Tom!!!

dawerks Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 pm

That's a stunner of a bus Tom :)

Looks great!

tferr Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks jp/Neil .. the plan is to get it back on four wheels to make it a little easier to go in and out of the shop.
I prepped the beam yesterday I will paint it tonight then start assembling tomorrow.

Where can I buy the shims for setting my camber mine were in pretty bad shape.

earlywesty Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am

Sept 15th? Hopefully not too many butterflies float by... :lol:

Cant think of a better way to spend a long weekend than prepping and painting an early deluxe...I'll get some of the pics I took to you tonight. Nice to see some colour after months of hard work...

earlywesty Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 am

Last time I saw this goofy grin it was in that other 58 15w

The pics don't do the colour justice. Glasurit Line 22 SWR & CB, both look perfect in person...

lowbus Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 am

Looking good!

type47fan1 Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 am

Awesome work. I agree nothing is more fun than going from primer to paint over the weekend.
In your first pic I did not see the leaves in the way and thought you fixed the pillars and the roof and got it ready to paint and painted over the weekend. I was going to go home and throw all my tools in the street!

Phillip

mpribanic Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 am

Nice werke!

scvw Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:08 pm

type47fan1 wrote: Awesome work. I agree nothing is more fun than going from primer to paint over the weekend.
In your first pic I did not see the leaves in the way and thought you fixed the pillars and the roof and got it ready to paint and painted over the weekend. I was going to go home and throw all my tools in the street!

Phillip

I did the same thing. :lol:

Touch Nicks Thing Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 pm

tferr wrote: Thanks jp/Neil .. the plan is to get it back on four wheels to make it a little easier to go in and out of the shop.
I prepped the beam yesterday I will paint it tonight then start assembling tomorrow.

Where can I buy the shims for setting my camber mine were in pretty bad shape.

I bought shims from Wide5 Aaron a few years ago.

Bus looks outstanding!

zuggbug Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Beautiful... =D>

go Tom go.... you can do it.

Tyler 5447 Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 pm

That thing came out sweet!!

earlywesty Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm

A couple more 'in the works' photos and final product. Tom did a great job, start to finish.

Scooterboyd Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Now comes the fun part. Assembling everything back together. It's very rewarding seeing it all come together. Great job so far!!

EmpiGT Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Here's a before pic.

Lookin good

tferr Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Touch Nicks Thing wrote: [quote="tferr"
I bought shims from Wide5 Aaron a few years ago.

Bus looks outstanding!

I picked up my spindles from Aaron a few weeks ago ...he was out of shims and mine were pretty much pooched

tferr Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 pm

It is nice to come home to work on something that is clean for a change.

I got the beam painted this evening and hope to get it in place tomorrow night