TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Latest Christophorus issue is all about the 356 Page: 1, 2  Next
Barry Brisco Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 am

The latest Christophorus issue is all about the 356.

There is a free iPad app available in the iTunes App Store that lets you download Christophorus issues.

Legomaniac Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for the heads up Barry.
Darrin

Pat KG Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Barry

Would you please post the link to the Christophorous app? I haven't found it yet.

Thanks

Barry Brisco Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Pat, sorry but I don't think there is a way I can give you a "link" to an app in the Apple iTunes app store. Go to iTunes on your computer and search the store. That's how I found it.

I am assuming you are a Mac user.

Sebastian Gaeta Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Pat KG wrote:

Would you please post the link to the Christophorous app? I haven't found it yet.

Thanks

Hi Pat,

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/porsche-christophorus-magazine/id460906366?mt=8

Regards,

Pat KG Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks Sebastian!

jjjjack Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:30 am

Outstanding, now THAT'S a magazine!

I love the parallax effect they use, and the video/sound is nice, too....

Sebastian Gaeta Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:38 am

jjjjack wrote: Outstanding, now THAT'S a magazine!

I love the parallax effect they use, and the video/sound is nice, too....

Jack,

Just in case you are not familiar with Christo, it started (as the in-house magazine at Porsche) in 1952 with Richard von Frankenberg as the editor. He was also a factory driver and and author of several books, many under the psudonym of "Herbert A. Quint".

My avatar is the cover of Christophorus #1...

Regards,

Barry Brisco Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:59 am

Thanks Sebastian, I've only accessed iTunes through the application on my Mac, never thought about going to it through apple.com!

Barry

Sebastian Gaeta wrote: Pat KG wrote:

Thanks

Hi Pat,

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/porsche-christophorus-magazine/id460906366?mt=8

jjjjack Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:59 am

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the info. Yes, definitely familiar with Christo. Always one of the great automotive paper mags, but even better electronically augmented :D

mpribanic Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:47 am

Am I correct in assuming I cannot view this on my Iphone? My MAC is at home, & use a PC for work. I searched the app store on my phone and installed Porsche Fotolink, which I think is for scanning QR codes or something else on their printed materials?

jjjjack Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:31 am

mpribanic wrote: Am I correct in assuming I cannot view this on my Iphone? My MAC is at home, & use a PC for work. I searched the app store on my phone and installed Porsche Fotolink, which I think is for scanning QR codes or something else on their printed materials?

Yeah, the magazine is iPad only (won't work on laptop/desktop either). The Fotolink thing is so you can point your iPhone at various pages in the paper magazine and watch associated video.

Barry Brisco Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:01 am

mpribanic wrote: Am I correct in assuming I cannot view this on my Iphone?
Mark, iTunes states that app is "compatible with iPad". No mention of iPhone.

jjjjack Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 am

Took some shots of it running on my iPad for ya:
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAwQnX7

odecom5 Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

You can download a PDF of some of the articles on the Porsche website, then you don't need an app or anything.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/christophorusmagazine/latestissue/

dawerks Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:29 am

Gee, I wonder how they could possibly make any money just giving this beautifully edited content, in a modern electronic media, for FREE!

I feel entitled to it now. :lol: :roll:

Pat KG Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 am

It is because they are SMART!

Barry Brisco Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes, Christophorus is an example of smart Porsche marketing. It's really just one big advertisement to help sell modern Porsches. Beautiful to look at -- just like the cars -- and fun to read (off topic confession: I just bought a 2009 Cayman with PDK for my daily driver, wow what a car! :-).

Alamento Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 pm

dawerks wrote: Gee, I wonder how they could possibly make any money just giving this beautifully edited content, in a modern electronic media, for FREE!

Free? It's factored into Porsche's advertising budget and is paid by everyone who drives a new Porsche off the lot. Next time you see that nice new white 991 driving in Edmonton, wave and thank him for the Magazine.

dawerks Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Alamento wrote: dawerks wrote: Gee, I wonder how they could possibly make any money just giving this beautifully edited content, in a modern electronic media, for FREE!

Free? It's factored into Porsche's advertising budget and is paid by everyone who drives a new Porsche off the lot. Next time you see that nice new white 991 driving in Edmonton, wave and thank him for the Magazine.

Free to ME. Capiche?

Plus what's the point of waving at a new Porsche owner (unless it's Matt), I doubt they would wave back at a dude driving a beat up BUS.