TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Volker Rader Klub - Weekly North County San Diego VW Meet Page: 1, 2  Next
sxuxrxf Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Volker Rader Klub

Got a VW and need something to do Saturday nights?
Come join us each week at 7:30 pm at the IN-N-OUT parking lot on HWY 76 and Frazee in Oceanside, CA. (Just 5 miles east of the 5 and 12 miles west of the 15) 4605 Frazee Road Oceanside, CA 92057

-Early or late models... it doesn't matter. We have just about every VW model represented by our regulars.

-Young or Old... it doesn't matter. We have High School kids and grandparents sharing their VW stories each week.

-Whether it's your 1st VW or your 50th, or you have 20 in your yard right now...it doesn't matter!

-Show Car or Beater... it doesn't matter. What matters is that you bring a good attitude and love for VW's. It's okay to bring your kids and dogs too.

We're a very informal club...no dues or rules. Family and pet friendly.

We meet every week. Sometimes we'll leave the Saturday night meet a little early and cruise down to Oceanside Pier and Harbor areas.

We cruise together to many of the VW Shows in Southern CA.

We also have a monthly cruise (weather permitting) that's usually the 3rd Sunday of the month. Often we cruise with other local clubs for even bigger gatherings.
Cruises include driving PCH down to San Diego for lunch or heading out to Julian for some Pie. Where should we go next?

Events are generally discussed on FaceBook, but we're going to start using TheSamba as well for those who prefer.
Join the VRK page...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/262743437535/

Let me know if you have any questions.

See you soon!

-Robb

sxuxrxf Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:02 am

sxuxrxf Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Here's a video from a cruise with Uber Langsam and HerrKooleD to the Julian Pie Company...

SRP1 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Great group of guys, everyone feels welcomed at VRK.

This Saturday night at the IN and OUT in O-side, be there!

sxuxrxf Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Hey North County!

Come join us on Sunday, January 20th for a Cruise Down The Coast. Starting at In-N-Out (see details below) we'll then drive down Pacific Coast Highway to Pacific Beach for lunch and then back to Oceanside.

We hope to see you there!

In-N-Out Burger
4605 Frazee Road Oceanside, CA 92057
(corner of Frazee and HWY 76)

meet at 10:30 am
Begin Cruise at 11 am

Please note...we still meet every Saturday night at the In-N-Out, but the start time is now 7 pm.

Come on out!

blakiexcharles Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:38 pm

I think this is where you guys wanted some pictures...
here's a link to the album..

http://s140.beta.photobucket.com/user/blakiexcharles/library/Oceanside%20Cruise%202-17-13

Sorry it's not much. Also, a few of the good ones.

sxuxrxf Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks for posting, Blake. It was a fun day!

-Robb

sxuxrxf Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am

Next event will be to join HerrKooleD on a cruise to the Julian Pie Company on Sunday, March 10.

More info here...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=544006

I'll post more later regarding what time and where we'll meet.

RareAir Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Give me a few days & I'll post a short video

Dauz Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Still Saturdays at the same spot? Met a couple guys in my neighborhood with the VRK sticker.. need to mingle with more like-minded folk. Plus we can reciprocate on the local assistance.

sxuxrxf Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Yup. Same time, same place.

sxuxrxf Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Yup. Same time, same place.

Dauz Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:10 pm

BTW, any of you guys good with a hammer and dolly? Entire car is down to bare metal right now.. just an inquiry.

subgraphic Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:16 pm

I'll ride up next Saturday, see you guys there...

sxuxrxf Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm

We've been having a lot of newcomers lately. Always nice to check out a new car. Keep 'em coming!

Still meeting every Saturday Night at 7:30.

In-N-Out
4605 Frazee Road, Oceanside, CA 92057

sxuxrxf Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 pm

We will be going with HerrKooled on The Cruise to Julian and hope you'll join us!
Meet at the usual spot...In-N-Out at 8:15 am and be ready to head to Temecula at 8:45 to join the others.

VWDruid Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:27 am

Hi guy's
I may be joining you some time in the future.
Going to start looking for a place in the San Diego area as soon as next month.
thought id drop some feelers down with the VW community see how life is down south.

sxuxrxf Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:02 pm

PM sent.

VWDruid wrote: Hi guy's
I may be joining you some time in the future.
Going to start looking for a place in the San Diego area as soon as next month.
thought id drop some feelers down with the VW community see how life is down south.

lbvr6 Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:04 pm

I hope to be joining you sometime soon, talking the wife into In'N'Out will be easy! We just moved to Oceanside not too long ago and are loving it so far :D

webwalker Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:04 am

I'll be at your next meeting, perhaps with my 7 year old daughter who is nuts for Buses and can't fathom why I haven't finished ours yet. See you Saturday!

M