TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: NOS Blaupunkt Capri Pullout Radio
iprangen Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:57 am

Hi,

I hope someone here has the answer to this question. I have a Blaupunkt Capri pullout radio that fits the 356 dash or early Beetle dash. It does not appear to have ever been installed and is the cleanest radio I've ever owned, truely NOS. I hooked her up to a six volt source and it works perfectly on the AM.

Now here is the question: How do I pull out the portable part? I don't just want to start pulling on the handle. Is there a lever, latch or release knob? Also, what is the knob all the way to the left and all the way to the right for?

Unluckily, the images do not do this radio justice. Any help is greatly appreciated.

79SuperVert Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 am

I wonder if it's the kind of mechanism where you would push in on the unit to get it to release, and then would push it in again to lock it in place.

iprangen Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm

I just figured it out. There is a built in relay. If you press the right outer button, you hear a switch-sound (click) on the inside and only then can you pull the unit out. This can only happen though when there is power to the unit.

With other words, it only pulls out when the ignition is on! Early theft deterrent! I love this thing.

The left outer knob is for treble/bass control.

79SuperVert Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Nice!

tanhis Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:42 am

I am a bit confused about all the radiobands and what works and where.

So the question is that does this radio work on FM 87.5 to 108.0 MHz

I am asking becource I do not want a radio that does not work as we only have FM broadcasting here.

Sebastian Gaeta Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am

tanhis wrote: I am a bit confused about all the radiobands and what works and where.

So the question is that does this radio work on FM 87.5 to 108.0 MHz

I am asking becource I do not want a radio that does not work as we only have FM broadcasting here.

It is an AM and Longwave radio only. "M" = AM and "L" = Longwave.