TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Formuling France steering wheel
videoguy009 Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 am

Can anyone verify that this is a Formuling France steering wheel?It is ad number 1285364 under formuling france in the search box and is for a 74-79 super beetle.It has a M in the center of the horn button.Somehow I don't think it is.Maybe the M stands for Momo.

TjdTaylor Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 am

i dont think that it is a REAL fomula france, but is a formula france replica. Just goina warn you with a steering wheel, anything other than the stock wheel, or anything under 400mm (16 inches) will obstruct your veiw of the top of the speedo. I have a 74 sunbug, take it from me.

Ill post the pic for you

videoguy009 Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I thought so because I bought a wheel identical to this one and it does not say Made in France on it like other formuling ones do.One neat thing is it did not require an adapter as it is a direct fit for 74-79 supers.I do have some restrictions at the top of my speedo as this is a 14" wheel versus a stock 16" but I can live with it.It is a very nice wheel but I figure the seller(same seller and probably the same wheel as he did not delist it) owes me some sort of credit as the wheel is not as advertised or is it really worth that money because of the unique fit.Any thoughts on this?

ovalshark Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm

I just looked at the one in the garage and it has the word "formuling" embossed in the front of bottom spoke. I have only had 2 , both that way. I don't know if they were all that way or not, just thinking mabey they were.

Joel Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:20 am

May be knock offs, all the original Formuling France wheels had 9 bolt hubs not 6 like that.

I've still got my original one somewhere, it costs more to recover them than what they are worth.