TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Woodie show 8/18/12; 356s invited too
malibubill Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:45 am

This weekend, that is, Saturday, August 18, from 9 to 3 the Santa Barbara Woodie Club is holding its twelfth annual Woodies at the Beach at Santa Barbara City College. We'll have between 80 and 100 woodies. Since the lawn area we have is huge we welcome hot rods and other early (let's say pre-1972) cars as long as we have room and usually we do although one year about 50 Mustangs showed up and we could not take all of them. :cry: Admission is completely free for everyone. Period. No registration or notice whatsoever is required nor, for that matter, wanted. Just show up if you feel like it. We'll accommodate as many as we can - last year I think we had about 20 to 30 non-woodies. If we run out of room there is always plenty of parking in Lot 3 and you can just take the short walk to the green. We even had more goodie bags than woodies so we passed them out to the "other" cars late morning. We'd be happy to see Samba, Registry and non-Registry 356 friends. I repeat, it is free, although we will attempt to soft sell you some T shirts and/or raffle tickets. Someone WILL win a surfboard and lots of people will win lots of other cool stuff. One of our members has donated, again this year, a number of vintage Aloha shirts which we'll sell until we run out.

I'm doing this because I think the "vibe" of the event is what every group, especially the Registry and related clubs, should strive to achieve. It is fun, not particularly expensive - make that free if you want it to be - and a great time is had by all.

Excellent Mexican food will be available as well as water. Feel free to bring a picnic - some of the woodie people circle up wagon train style.

Here is a link to the SBCC campus map. Grounds entry is through lot 3, depicted at the very bottom of the map itself, left center. See:

http://www.sbcc.edu/security/files/sbcc_campusmap.pdf

I will be the fat guy with the microphone so please come up and say hello. If I'm busy when you come up buy something :D but stick around and say hi.

356JAEGER Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 am

Bill,
Don't forget to polish your woody before showing it....356 (content) strokes is about right... :wink: