TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: P90019
TK6A5 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Steve,

Do you have any information on which car originally received P90019?

many thanks,

Joris

P.S. Nice to see so many familiar faces here

Steve Heinrichs Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 am

Joris,

Yes, I do. It was another of the earlymotors that went into a spare and then, late, into a Carrera Cabrio.

Now, that said----many of you have read the recent Registry Forum posts quoting me ever so slightly unhappy with a person who makes personal remarks to me and I respond with universal language.

Here is the essence of how that dispute originated. It relates to your question. You see, I believe that information that helps the hobby should come out. I have a lot and the book (sorry--the spring in conjunction with the 60th anniversary of the first 4-cam race) will bring out a lot. Someof the older crowd have "traded" on "secret" information and bitterly oppose a level playing field. In the meantime, I try to help people and bring out the facts. Generally, I do not answerasto idlerequests but when someone actually has a motor or a car, I try to help.

Joris, I hope you will post more here. People disagree and opinions are strongly held but people disagree respectfully.

Steve Heinrichs

TK6A5 Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 am

Steve,

Thank for your reply. Do you have any indication on when the engine was put in the cabriolet? I have some factory documentation on the engine but it has no indication as to which car was carrying the engine at that time.

I agree that as much information as possible should be out there. Transparency is a good thing.

Best,

Joris

Steve Heinrichs Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 am

Joris,

Yes, I beleive I do. That said, Ispentmore time on this diffcult motor question this weekend and think the original spare chassis was a different one. Still, 122xx but a different one, then went to another spare 122xx, then to cab 15xxxx.

I really need to save the details for the book. I hope you understand.

Steve Heinrichs