TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Beckler Road - Seattle Spring Camping Adventure Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
notchboy Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:44 pm

I have been tempted several times to head out on the Shasta Adventure the split guys do now on a regular basis. But I dont have a split let alone time off in the winter to do it. Its also probably not a good idea for me to drive in the snow eithor, especially since my track record isnt all that great with just walking in it. :wink:

So with Stuarts last adventure up Beckler Rd, near the Beckler River got the wheels turning for all of us that were chewing the fat on at the Fall Fling - Stuart, Zelten and myself.

So here it is! The begining of an actual plan to do so. Several fellow Seattleites have expressed interest as well and now neew to chime in here, especially if you've been there and done it already. The more information on this area the better, because Ive never been, but fron Stuarts account, I want to.

So who wants to make a Spring trip out of it?

notchboy Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm

I think Stuarts at work now so when he gets done he will have to point out exactly where he went. Beckler Rd starts down in Skynomish off the 2 and heads North up the Beckler River and goes way out to BFE. Stuart said there is camping - primative with water and maybe some poo holes but no toilets(flushing) and no water hook ups. No biggy for me. Im good with a GI shower for a day or two :wink:

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/pacficnw/mbscmp.htm

Kirk Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm

2200 miles away. :(

So Kirk flys in, gets picked up, rides along, and flies out. Whos in?! Ill take pics!

TopBud Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:46 pm

what are the dates?

drakonis Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm

dont have a westy but ide be down for this. i kinda been up that way a little ways. did alot of reiter (but who hasnt lol) would have to make the bus kampin ready. ill fav this posting to keep up on it.

notchboy Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Kirk wrote: 2200 miles away. :(

So Kirk flys in, gets picked up, rides along, and flies out. Whos in?! Ill take pics!

Are you kidding me? You know Ill hook you up! I lived in Texas, yo, I live next to the airport here, have room and board for you and Im planning this shin dig. :roll: Just get the tickets and beer :wink:

So I was thinking of late May-early June. Doing a three dayer like Fri-Sun. Find a place we can get to mid day on Friday-camp in a good spot with something close for family fun - like the river, a hiking trail, spend a second night camping with stories and fire, with people leaving on Sunday when they want? Simple first time out.

Now I just need to know whats on that trail.

And this wouldnt be a bay only thing either. Splits, vanagons, fords - what ever campmobiles welcome!

Bruskyvw Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:11 pm

In. :popcorn: So much to do before then.

tkolbo Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 am

Interested.....

Kirk Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 am

notchboy wrote: Kirk wrote: 2200 miles away. :(

Are you kidding me? You know Ill hook you up! I lived in Texas, yo, I live next to the airport here, have room and board for you and Im planning this shin dig. :roll: Just get the tickets and beer :wink:

That part, I can totally handle. Is it wrong that I'm still trying to figure out how to get my bus 2200 miles away? :?

Bleyseng Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 am

I'm interested just not fathers day

peaceful warrior Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am

TopBud wrote: what are the dates?

If Tony is in, maybe we can cruise up together. :wink:

DaleNW Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 am

If I get the bus finished up (goal is to have it back on the road in time for the Springmeet in April), then you can count me in! That's a beautiful area up there and it's been a few years since I went that way.

VWMIKE76 Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

There are many good places up beckler, watch out for ranger brad!!!! Have stewart keep me posted, I have spent alot of time in that area. Barlow pass is amazing also

drakonis Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:32 pm

barlow pass on mt loop hwy. good choice since im moving to granite falls in the next month. stop at barlow pass and hike to monte cristo. cool hike with pretty flat ground all the way. if you feel so ambitious one could hike all the way into glacier basin. going up the falls is amazing.

notchboy Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm

VWMIKE76 wrote: There are many good places up beckler, watch out for ranger brad!!!! Have stewart keep me posted, I have spent alot of time in that area. Barlow pass is amazing also

We need this Vet kinda recon from people that have been there. Is there a stop 15-30 miles in thats a good place to camp multiple people and tens, have access to river or trails or bolth?

Kirk, I drove my 77 all the way here with out a hitch :wink: Granted you would need to do it twice. But there are plenty of sambanistas on the way as well as hitting Brian (peacefulwarrior) up on the way in Taos. Caravan bolth ways with people like that. Best case I may have a bus for you to drive - if I got the 74 done.

Lots of options brother.

VWMIKE76 Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm

There are many trails around, lots of places with river access. Plenty of good big areas for multiple buses,

Jason do you winter camp?

CoastalAirCooledVW Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

I wish this was closer :( . I am not far from shasta, but northern washington might be a little much for my bus

notchboy Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:15 pm

CoastalAirCooledVW wrote: I wish this was closer :( . I am not far from shasta, but northern washington might be a little much for my bus

Start wrenching! Get her road ready!

Mike Im down to do a recon winter camp if I have a guide. No snow please, I have issues walking in snow.

:?

CoastalAirCooledVW Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm

notchboy wrote: CoastalAirCooledVW wrote: I wish this was closer :( . I am not far from shasta, but northern washington might be a little much for my bus

Start wrenching! Get her road ready!

Mike Im down to do a recon winter camp if I have a guide. No snow please, I have issues walking in snow.

:?

My bus is road ready but Im not sure if it is 12 hour road trip then off roading trip ready :lol:

VWMIKE76 Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Jason,

You off mondays?