TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Euromontagna Web Site Page: 1, 2  Next
CarreraGT Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello - I used to be able to connect to this web site located in Europe with no problem. However, for some time now, I cannot access anymore. Using any browser such as: Google Chrome - Firefox - Internet Explorer - the same message comes up as "Unable to Connect". This has been tried on several computers and other users nearby in southern California where I am.

The Samba has members located in various states across the USA...for those that wouldn't mind...could you please try the site link below and report if you can connect Ok - or not. Thanks in advance.

-Michael Doyle-

www.euromontagna.com/

Glenn Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Works for me.

Nightly (Firefox 19.0a1)
IE 8.0.6001.18702

CarreraGT Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks Glenn.

The Euromontagna Web Site [I believe] is hosted by a company that operates these other sites below as well. I can access all of them in a flash except Euromontagna...strange. Others reporting their ability to access, or not, is appreciated. -Michael-

www.euromontagna.com

www.vrchy.com www.racingsportscars.com www.dovrchu.cz www.cronoscalate.it www.lemans-series.com www.fia.com www.autoklub.cz www.aaavyfuky.cz

EverettB Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Works fine for me.
I'm on Google Chrome (v23) right now but it worked in Firefox and IE too.
All versions are whatever the latest production ones are.

Sebastian Gaeta Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Michael,

http://www.euromontagna.com/ will not work for me. Mac using Safari. It gives no error message, just sits there and does not load.

Strange thing is that all of the other sites opened up with no problem.

HTH,

Sebastian

bbspdstr Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Worked for me from your link, instantly.
Showed up in English without me having to pick from the three available languages...hummm.

Oddly, that site has advertising for PA...scary that it knows I'm in PA!

A banner ad for:
Bushkill Inn - Poconos
Luxury Mountain Ski & Spa Packages @ Our New Hotel. Call To Book Now!
bushkillinn.

Nice place. Drove by there a few weeks ago. If anyone wants to visit a great place for being impressed by nature, go to Bushkill Falls, nearby.

MMW Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Works for me from the link. I'm using my computer that's all I know.

CarreraGT Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Sebastian Gaeta wrote: Michael,

http://www.euromontagna.com/ will not work for me. Mac using Safari. It gives no error message, just sits there and does not load.

Strange thing is that all of the other sites opened up with no problem.

HTH,

Sebastian

Sebastian,

I believe "not loading" is the root of the problem. I continually get "Google Chrome could not connect to www.euromontagna.com" or similar statements using other browsers.

Perhaps there is some type of "settings" that can adjust this? ...anyone know? Thanks again, it's appreciated.

-Michael Doyle-

EverettB Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:23 pm

You could try clearing you browser cache just in case.

You could open a DOS window and type
tracert www.euromontagna.com
and see if you get a ton of failures (* marks) along the way, maybe your area or internet provider cannot connect to it for some reason.

Unobtanium-inc Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 am

Bruce-
I think your lady wants you to take her away for the weekend, she probably had that pop up on your computer as a hint. Take her away man! Find the romantic Bruce, he has to be in there somewhere.

Oh, and the website opened up for me using Firefox on a mac.

bbspdstr Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:39 am

Unobtanium-inc wrote: Bruce-
I think your lady wants you to take her away for the weekend, she probably had that pop up on your computer as a hint. Take her away man! Find the romantic Bruce, he has to be in there somewhere. OK, just don't tell Martha! :wink:
Seriously, it was with Martha that I walked the Bushkill Falls (again) a few weeks ago when we took a long weekend at my mother's place near there. And know- Martha isn't computer-clever enough to make a pop-up ad happen like that any more than I am. I have trouble with email.......I was just trying that link that Michael asked about.
So, Michael, did you get it yet?

Unobtanium-inc Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:52 am

Bruce-
Your pop-ups and side ads are normally based on what you have been searching and visiting, they track you. A friend of mine, a priest, asked why the ads on his Facebook page are always for Asian girls looking for American husbands, I didn't really know what to say....

CarreraGT Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:08 am

EverettB wrote: You could try clearing you browser cache just in case.

and see if you get a ton of failures (* marks) along the way, maybe your area or internet provider cannot connect to it for some reason.

Thanks Everett,

I have tried clearing the browser cache and cookies numerous times, but still get the same "Cannot Connect" page. When trying your "Tracert" suggestion in the DOS window it continually reads "session has timed out" one after the other...5 6 7 8 9 times. That idea.

Is there perhaps an adjustment to the system to make it "Try" to connect longer...perhaps a longer download time is needed..? Thanks again to Everett, and All.

-Michael Doyle-

EverettB Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

CarreraGT wrote: EverettB wrote: You could try clearing you browser cache just in case.

Thanks Everett,

I have tried clearing the browser cache and cookies numerous times, but still get the same "Cannot Connect" page. When trying your "Tracert" suggestion in the DOS window it continually reads "session has timed out" one after the other...5 6 7 8 9 times. That idea.

Is there perhaps an adjustment to the system to make it "Try" to connect longer...perhaps a longer download time is needed..? Thanks again to Everett, and All.

No, this means it cannot be found from your location.
Contact your internet provider and complain and give them the tracert info.

You could also try entering this in a command window:
ipconfig /flushdns
to see if that helps reset the "path".
Usually rebooting will do the same thing.
Or unplugging your router for a minute and restarting everything.

dej Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Signed up just so I could offer a suggestion.

You don't have to use the Domain Name System of your internet provider.

Your provider may have dropped the web site for some reason.

These links will give you IPV4 addresses that bypass the built in ones of the provider you are using.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Public_DNS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NortonDNS

and how to change the addresses

http://www.ehow.com/how_7431741_change-dns-look_up.html

jhoefer Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:45 pm

CarreraGT wrote: Thanks Glenn.

The Euromontagna Web Site [I believe] is hosted by a company that operates these other sites below as well. I can access all of them in a flash except Euromontagna...strange. Others reporting their ability to access, or not, is appreciated. -Michael-

www.euromontagna.com

www.vrchy.com www.racingsportscars.com www.dovrchu.cz www.cronoscalate.it www.lemans-series.com www.fia.com www.autoklub.cz www.aaavyfuky.cz

Only vrchy.com shares an IP block with the site in question so they are unlikely to be hosted in the same place anyway. Generally rules out a server problem since others can view the page fine. Trying from multiple browsers and machines pretty much rules out local machine issues. It could be a DNS issue, so try the suggestions by everettb and dej, but unless the other machines you tried had a common ISP it'd be unlikely for them to all have the same DNS settings. It could be a routing problem between your ISP and theirs, or your ISP is blocking them for some reason. You'd have to contact your ISP's support to try to fix those.

Using tracert to diagnose internet website connections is hit-or-miss because any of the routers between you and them (including your own) can be set to simply drop those requests (or the ISP is dropping them intentionally). Did a tracert from here, it took 23 hops. Let yours run all the way to the max of 30 and see if there's any results at all, or if they all time out.

You could try disabling javascript temporarily since that's the only external parts in that page, but it's extremely unlikely that's the problem.

When I go to a command line and type "nslookup www.euromontagna.com" without quotes, it reports 93.185.104.33 for the address. What do you get, if anything?

CarreraGT Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:03 pm

dej wrote: Signed up just so I could offer a suggestion.

You don't have to use the Domain Name System of your internet provider.

Your provider may have dropped the web site for some reason.

These links will give you IPV4 addresses that bypass the built in ones of the provider you are using.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Public_DNS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NortonDNS

and how to change the addresses

http://www.ehow.com/how_7431741_change-dns-look_up.html

Thanks for your effort - it's appreciated...but it appears you need to run Windows 7 to use these fixes, however, I'm running Windows XP. And, it's a bit over my head as well. Although, never it's too late to learn something new.

-Michael-

CarreraGT Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 pm

jhoefer wrote: CarreraGT wrote: Thanks Glenn.

www.euromontagna.com

Only vrchy.com shares an IP block with the site in question so they are unlikely to be hosted in the same place anyway. Generally rules out a server problem since others can view the page fine. Trying from multiple browsers and machines pretty much rules out local machine issues. It could be a DNS issue, so try the suggestions by everettb and dej, but unless the other machines you tried had a common ISP it'd be unlikely for them to all have the same DNS settings. It could be a routing problem between your ISP and theirs, or your ISP is blocking them for some reason. You'd have to contact your ISP's support to try to fix those.

Using tracert to diagnose internet website connections is hit-or-miss because any of the routers between you and them (including your own) can be set to simply drop those requests (or the ISP is dropping them intentionally). Did a tracert from here, it took 23 hops. Let yours run all the way to the max of 30 and see if there's any results at all, or if they all time out.

You could try disabling javascript temporarily since that's the only external parts in that page, but it's extremely unlikely that's the problem.

When I go to a command line and type "nslookup www.euromontagna.com" without quotes, it reports 93.185.104.33 for the address. What do you get, if anything?

Odd...when I do command: tracertwww.euromontagna.com
I get report 93.185.104.33

When I do command: nslookupwww.euromontagna.com
I get report 192.168.1.254

So, doing tracert and nslookup - they provide a different number. I'm just not savvy enough to know what these numbers mean...any ideas?

-Michael-

dej Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 am

How to for Xp

http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html

http://mintywhite.com/xp/change-dns-settings-windows-xp/

savaden Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:35 am

It does not open for me. Just sits there with no error message.

Firefox, history and cookies erased when closing application.

XP