TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Align Bore Massachusetts or So. NH
wndsnd Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Anyone have a recommendation on where I can get an Align bore of a Type 4 case in this area.

Thanks
John B.

fcampbell356 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 pm

John B:

Before you linebore the case find the main bearings first then have the case cut to the bearings. These main bearings are hard to find.

fcampbell356

wndsnd Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Thats a great idea, I did't know they were hard to find.

fcampbell356 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Another suggestion, take inconsideration the size of the crankshaft
journal to when looking at bearings.

fcampbell356

Bulli Klinik Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 am

wndsnd wrote: Anyone have a recommendation on where I can get an Align bore of a Type 4 case in this area.

Thanks
John B.

You would have better luck asking in the late Bus or 914 forum. T4's have nothing to do with 356 motors.

wndsnd Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 am

Bulli Klinik wrote: wndsnd wrote: Anyone have a recommendation on where I can get an Align bore of a Type 4 case in this area.

Thanks
John B.

You would have better luck asking in the late Bus or 914 forum. T4's have nothing to do with 356 motors.

I would assume, a 2 or 3 piece case, Mag, or Aluminum, would be align bored on the same type of machine, in the same shop. :wink:

fcampbell356 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm

John, this guy can tell you all about the 914/Type 4 motors. Try him.

htt://www.aircooledtechnology.com

fcampbell356

Bulli Klinik Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:58 pm

wndsnd wrote: Bulli Klinik wrote: wndsnd wrote: Anyone have a recommendation on where I can get an Align bore of a Type 4 case in this area.

Thanks
John B.

I would assume, a 2 or 3 piece case, Mag, or Aluminum, would be align bored on the same type of machine, in the same shop. :wink:

Different sizes, all of them. Some machinists have the different sizes setup, some don't.

The reason I suggested asking in the appropriate forum is so you wouldn't have to assume. Good Luck!