TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: EX-German Army 1978 181 (Thing) Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello.
My name's Hugo Pereira and I live in Madeira island, in Portugal.
This is my topic from my 181 from 1978, and ex-german army car... that I bought last march...

How it was for about one year...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Some photos taken... many work on him also... We have a portuguese expression that we use in the cars taht is "Jágora"... it's not a "real" word, we treat like it was a guy... How to explain... it's two words in one: já agora... The first is "now" in english and the second is just... the real thing is when you are taken a mirror (or other part of the car) out, let's take the door also... Let's wash the car... why not some wax also... why not paint the car? You will understand when you see the other photos...
:mrgreen:

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Last 28 of March I give a call to the old owner (old now :mrgreen: ) at front off his house, were the car was...

He wasn't there... I wait for two hours and get to the bank to pick up the money when the car was going to my place on a trailer...

At home...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:22 pm

After lunch we started to work on him...

The portuguese history of this car started at 2003 when the guy who sold it to me, see the car on the mobile.de site.
Bought him, payed for a trailer until the Hamburg airport and put the car on a cargo plane to Madeira island. When he go to pick uo the car, he have a beer box in the place of the driver and no seats at all on the car... :evil:
The gear box was broken... he payed to fix up the gear, make some kind of rear seats and use the front ones from a beetle he had for parts... The engine and brakes were also checked at the time.
After that, the car was shipped by boat to the Porto Santo island, were he have a house and stayed there until the end the summer of the last year. 3 of the doors were still there at the time... :|

He told me that used the car only in the summer, with the wife and the 3 kids they have. He also have some friends that used the car and the house in several times... 9000 kms in 9 years... He also sayed to me that he NEVES WASHED THE CAR IN ALL THAT TIME... :shock: :shock: :shock:

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:22 pm

We started to open the roof... it was all new for me... :twisted:

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 pm

My 1302 was happy with the new member of the family... 8-)

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 pm

The fu$%&/() guys of the working shop also glue some carpets at the front and on the center tunnel of the chssis. We need to remove them and them we sstarted to see some of the varius kgs of snad on the car...

Allmost a beach...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:24 pm

She was on every were... :evil:

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm

They go to the beach, and come to the car with the foots wet... salt and sand on metal...

It was like glue...

We remove the front passeger seat to easy clean him up...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm

The home made seats...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:26 pm

And the look after we clean several bird shit, sand , garbage, etc...

And after this photo, the things came out of control... :roll:

Two friends arrived and sayed: "Why you dont paint him right now? What are you waitting for?"

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm

"-Ok... let me try this one for the first time..." - that's my answer...

A 200 metres ride in the garage of my building...

And the rest for the night...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Next day, I only had time at the afternoon to work on him... first see the windows...

They are in glass... an german enginner piece of art! :mrgreen:

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Wrong stering wheel...

But VW original... a right one is in a box to take place... :D

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Some discovers...

Make the right thing...
The paint must be fresh at the time, because the reference is on her now...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:29 pm

And on the ash tray, another ignition key...

The old owner sayed to me that he havent another one... he doesnt smoke... the cigars on him are germans... he never washed the car... welll... he never opened the ashtray... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:29 pm

This black material is a rust trap...

HUGO bOSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 pm

No protection at all...

Rust holes...
:evil: :evil: :evil:

My friend Duarte came to help...

Lighter at the front,,,

The other rear side,,,