TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Why I like Van-Cafe: Now with flying spaghetti monster! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Brickwerks Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:01 pm

You're lucky, our customers get this.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/oi-baxter-your-a-ct_topic44882_page1.html

jsmitch11 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Brickwerks wrote: You're lucky, our customers get this.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/oi-baxter-your-a-ct_topic44882_page1.html

WOW!! That is some funny stuff.

Pascal Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm

insyncro wrote: Always well packaged, timely shipping.

And I love that they use USPS flat rate shipping boxes. They save use on shipping and get the parts delivered in a couple of says in my experience. I don't know why most other vendors don't use those boxes. Very fast and very reasonable shipping.

Sir Sam Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:04 pm

I ordered some more stuff this week, this as the artwork included on the box. I'm keeping this one. Very impressed!

Van-Cafe:

chazz79 Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Looks like someone there needs to start making random f'd up shirt designs.

I buy goofy crap like that.

t3 kopf Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm

i ordered a package on wednesday afternoon and got it this (friday) afternoon on the complete opposite coast. that is some damned fast service!

Sir Sam Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 pm

NavyVW wrote: i ordered a package on wednesday afternoon and got it this (friday) afternoon on the complete opposite coast. that is some damned fast service!

I think the FSM delivered your package himself with his Noodley appendage. It's the only way.

Crankey Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

are there Bronies working at Van Cafe !?!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bronies

and yeah...they need to start T-Shirt production.

jackbombay Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm

I had a hunch that the VC crew were pastafarians!

r39o Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Crankey wrote: are there Bronies working at Van Cafe !?!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bronies

and yeah...they need to start T-Shirt production.

"Welcome to the herd!"

That would be nice to integrate into a Vanagon tee shirt somehow.....

There....now it is in print.

IdahoDoug Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:30 am

I predict a trend one day of eBay bidding on framed artwork from Van Cave on shipping boxes. Or perhaps when you are at their store with your Van, you can pay $100 to have an original bit done on the inside of your battery cover. A good use for that "fake part number" on their website that has always cracked me up.

Great folks, great parts, delivered fast. I rebuilt my Syncro from their website and with Chris' help on the phone.

DougM

Sir Sam Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 pm

IdahoDoug wrote: I predict a trend one day of eBay bidding on framed artwork from Van Cave on shipping boxes. Or perhaps when you are at their store with your Van, you can pay $100 to have an original bit done on the inside of your battery cover. A good use for that "fake part number" on their website that has always cracked me up.

Great folks, great parts, delivered fast. I rebuilt my Syncro from their website and with Chris' help on the phone.

DougM

I like the idea of a shirt with this design on it.

heidi85ho Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 am

Always looking out for their customers. This from the Van-Cafe site on axle assemblies:

We are pulling the trigger on these - We have made a decision to stop selling axles. Although many of them are fine, all rear axles are now made in China and the occasional bad one causes too much frustration for all - a break down, a tow, a warranty part with shipping in both directions, and you either revisiting a messy job or paying a mechanic to do it. As such we are going exclusively with the original equipment German CV joints and boots by Lobro. We would recommend the new original equipment Lobro joints and boots kit or ( units sold individually). A little more money, a little more work, but this should be the last time you will need to touch the axles.

Jake de Villiers Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am

heidi85ho wrote: Always looking out for their customers. This from the Van-Cafe site on axle assemblies:

We are pulling the trigger on these - We have made a decision to stop selling axles. Although many of them are fine, all rear axles are now made in China and the occasional bad one causes too much frustration for all - a break down, a tow, a warranty part with shipping in both directions, and you either revisiting a messy job or paying a mechanic to do it. As such we are going exclusively with the original equipment German CV joints and boots by Lobro. We would recommend the new original equipment Lobro joints and boots kit or ( units sold individually). A little more money, a little more work, but this should be the last time you will need to touch the axles.

That right there is why I support Volks cafe. They are using the same parts that they sell you and are the first to know if something's not working well.

And the instant shipping's good, too! ;)

zippyslug31 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 am

NavyVW wrote: i ordered a package on wednesday afternoon and got it this (friday) afternoon on the complete opposite coast. that is some damned fast service!

Somebody please explain this wacky concept to Bus Depot!!!!

randywebb Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Somebody please explain the wacky concept of selling quality parts & standing behind them to Bus Depot!!!!

Syncromikey Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 pm

I love Vancafe!!! Saving the cookies for next week when I get started on my conversion/restoration again but am currently enjoying the artwork ...

These guys are great!!!! I love dinosaurs!!!

jetpoweredmonkey Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 am

THE VC UNICORN IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE VC UNICORN!!!

P1050008 by jetpoweredmonkey, on Flickr

LOL'd when I saw this thread, I couldn't resist killing the OP's unicorn! I realize I now have a target on my lowered fire-breathing 2WD Westy...but the rebuttal has to come in the form of VC-drawn box art!

joseph928 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:22 am

:bay_blue: I love VC, but I feel left out. Last order had no art and God, no cookies! Well maybe next time I'll get two bags of them! :D

SCM Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:33 am

joseph928 wrote: :bay_blue: I love VC, but I feel left out. Last order had no art and God, no cookies! Well maybe next time I'll get two bags of them! :D

Same here! The box my PS rack and pump arrived in was plenty big enough for artwork and multiple bags of cookies. At least I got one bag..