TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Production dates
Steve Heinrichs Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Guys,

Steve Raucher recently asked over there how to obtain a production date short of ordering a COA. I cannot post there. Could someone please tell him that the COA does not show production date despite what it says. He can contact me.

Happy 2013 to all.

Steve Heinrichs

Steve Heinrichs Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm

A little follow-up:

The delivery dates are not production dates. Note that Reutter did not finish cars in order and deliver them to Porsche in order. Then, Porsche did not finish them in order. The whole idea of "my chassis number is only 25 away from yours" is only marginally helpful. Sometimes production numbers were 200 different, one car from the next one. Generally, they were only a few different and sometimes consecutive. Mostly they were not. So, motor numbers and trans numbers are similar in how they track.

Steve Heinrichs

busben Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:23 pm

Hi all.

Does anyone have a contact for Steve Heinrichs, or a source for production dates? I have a May ‘55 delivery date car (according to the Kardex), and I’m keen to get a precise production date for it …. if it’s possible. I’ve exhausted the usual reference books, hence I’m looking for help.

Thanks a lot

Ben.

Jon Schmid Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:28 pm

Steve died in September, 2016. I have no contact info.

busben Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:17 am

Oh, I’m very sorry. That’s sad to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

Sebastian Gaeta Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:09 pm

busben,

Here is where you can get more info you about your car.

https://reutter-karosserie.de/en/Certificate-of-Pr...xid-2.html

busben Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:55 am

Thanks buddy.

Unfortunately I've emailed them several times with questions about their products prior to purchase, and they've never once got back to me. A shame.

As for this car, I think I've got a pretty accurate date now thanks to a massive amount of help from a friend here in the uk who has a wealth of info on AFN supplied UK cars.

cheers again.