TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Full Truck of 356's Page: 1, 2  Next
Unobtanium-inc Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Rarely seen since the Factory days, a truck with nothing but 356's. It was a long few days, over 2000 miles traveled but the final count was worth it.
1 Convertible D
5 A Coupes
2 C cabs
And a gaggle of B/C Coupes

Very tired, but no greater high can be achieved, at least with my clothes on, than loading a truck like this one.

neilbardsley Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 am

"Very tired, but no greater high can be achieved, at least with my clothes on, than loading a truck like this one. "

You can mix car and s*x if you ask the Mrs very nicely!!!

MMW Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 am

Wow that is really cool! Did you get them from one place or several? I count eight on that truck. Where ya hiding the gaggle of B/C coupes?

Unobtanium-inc Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:31 am

Mic-
The cars came from three places, 3 from 1 spot in FL, 1 from another, and 7 from a spot in TN. I took three of them in December when I was down there and grabbed the rest on Monday, it was a long drive there and a longer drive back, but worth it.

roy mawbey Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 am

Adam,

I bet you got more than a few drivers on the roads oggling your collection as they drove past. You could almost say you were a road hazard. :lol:

Are most restorable without spending a fortune?

Roy

Unobtanium-inc Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:59 am

Roy, what was really funny was the truck driver called me frantically from a Weigh Station in Delaware, I didn't give him paperwork on the cars and he was being flagged for inspection. He called me back a few minutes later laughing, turns out he was being detained so all the cops could come out and look at the cars.

Jon Schmid Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 am

Nice find, Adam. Theat stash should keep you out of trouble for at least a couple days. :) Are you coming out to Anaheim this year?
Jon

356JAEGER Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:09 pm

Adam,
What's the story on the Fjord Green, Slate Grey ? T-5 ?

Unobtanium-inc Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Joel, it's a kind of faded Navy Blue, last on the road in 99, the carbs are off, but I am going to see if I can breath some life into her.

fcampbell356 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 pm

adam:
Talk about hoarders :roll:

Frank Campbell

Unobtanium-inc Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Frank,
This guy was. We were moving a few of the cars and they were a bit stuck, I asked him how long they had been like this, he said he moved to that location in 1967, and that's where he put them. Wow!

Unobtanium-inc Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Jon-
Not going to Cali this year, I find it is very hard to buy from guys in Cali, they all go to Cars and Coffee every week and inflate prices and then call me wanting to sell, it just doesn't work.
The one year I did go out there I was doing all my deals left over from my letter writing campaign, it just worked out that I could go to the Lit Meet too.

Jon Schmid Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 am

I totally understand. It's a long haul from NY if there's going to be minimal payoff. I've seen my share of C&C "deals." :roll:
I hope to make it back to the right coast one of these years. 8)
Jon

fcampbell356 Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Adam, did you have any luck with "Charlie" in Ft. Walton Beach?
He was a tough customer, but always paid his bill.
Frank

Unobtanium-inc Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah, Charlie was a hoot, picked up a pile from him, nothing crazy, but we struck a decent bargain. It was fun to see the beach, Big John had never seen the Redneck Riviera.

longlive356 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 pm

I guess the convertible D is in the middle, chopped to bits. Got any close up pics of it. nice score. Touchdown!

Unobtanium-inc Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Nope that is a pic of one of the C cabs, the D I picked up on my initial run in December, I think it is already sold, I am going to hold off on pics until I close the deal.

fcampbell356 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Adam, Did Charlie turn loose the 614/6 that he has had for years?
It was at one time a fine machine and ran out very well.
Frank

Unobtanium-inc Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 pm

F-
I didn't see it, but he did tell me all about the 904 he had, that would have been cool to see!

fcampbell356 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Adam:
I don't remember Charlie talking about the 904, but he may have gotten it after we closed the parts store across the street from Charlie's place. My son and I were there for about 10 years.
Frank