TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Introducing to other ACVW owners
ebenasky Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:33 pm

I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to have some kind of card or something to leave on someone's ACVW if I saw it parked somewhere. So - I put a "business card" together.

mrmarcdude Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 pm

That would be a cool idea (kinda nerdy, nothing wrong with that). That is certainly a very good way to network with other vw owners. 8)

coad Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:36 am

I've had people do that twice. I kept the cards both times and wound up meeting (in one case doing business with them) them because I had their number handy.

Around here a lot of the convenience stores and restaurants have little bulletin boards by the door for flyers, and I know a guy who leaves "I buy motorcycles and parts, any condition" cards on them. He claims he's gotten some real deals from them.

NJ John Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:31 am

I made copies of your card. You should be getting a bunch of emails from out of state VW owners. LoL

crukab Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:17 am

NJ John wrote: I made copies of your card. You should be getting a bunch of emails from out of state VW owners. LoL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a "Hobby card" for years, my kids showed me how to put a pic of a split Bus on it w/ Wanted Old VW Buses in big letters, Phone #,email, town & state, and Also collecting Earlie Bugs, Ghias, '86-'91 Vanagons, toys, Lit. ect.
I've gotten good deals, sometimes years after giving the card to someone, met people at shows ( I put several under the w.wiper of my truck) who say, "So your the guy that left this on my car".....

Mike Fisher Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:06 am

I've had a number of different versions of 'business cards' all done on Microsoft Excel. Mine print out 24? to a page a little smaller than standard.

ebenasky Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

A nice note to add to this. I was contacted by someone that I left my card with and he was selling his bug and wanted to know if I knew someone that would be interested.

It's now my daily driver!

AlteWagen Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:03 pm

more ideas on "notes"

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=274682