TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Aircooled.net promo code? Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Axitech Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 am

About to order around $350 worth of parts from Aircooled.net. Anybody habve a promo code that I can use to try and save a little money? $52 vbucks in shipping costs. You'd think they would throw in free shipping after $300 or so spent. Maybe I'm just cheap!

skills@eurocarsplus Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Yep. You're just cheap. Pay the money. He gives great advice for free, and his customer service is the best out there.

John is always willing to help and go the extra mile. Pay the money and be happy. I dropped over 2K there in recent months and have never asked or received a freebie...but his advice/service is priceless

Axitech Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 pm

found a promo code for 5% on Facebook. That'll help.

mchn13 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 pm

we're all cheap, but shipping is a bitch! just pay it. we need suppliers like that, not wall-mart bug parts..

SamT Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 pm

We used to just say, the shipping is about what sales tax woukd be. Recently shipping has went nuts.

sxuxrxf Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Axitech wrote: About to order around $350 worth of parts from Aircooled.net. Anybody habve a promo code that I can use to try and save a little money? $52 vbucks in shipping costs. You'd think they would throw in free shipping after $300 or so spent.
Maybe I'm just cheap!

You said it! We all are, but as others said, John is here every day sharing his valuable knowledge.
Pay the shipping, then place another order with him.

mchn13 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 pm

SamT wrote: We used to just say, the shipping is about what sales tax woukd be. Recently shipping has went nuts.

truth. it cost me 160.00 to ship an amp(and have it packed) from south carolina today, to texas! ridiculous. shipping seems almost double what it was a few years ago.

steve

Quokka42 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm

But, as Axitech pointed out, like them on Facebook and you'll get a promo code.

You don't know what killer shipping costs are!

(ACN are one of the best for us foreigners, good price and up front with the charges.)

manoa Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Here's my feedback on aircooled.net...

I ordered about $75 in parts online to ship to me in Hawaii. The order online came out to $100, so about 24 bucks and change for shipping. Some parts were on backorder, but no biggy to me. After the order was filled it arrived at my door 3-days later with an invoice with a lesser amount, shipping went down to $18.

John does not gouge you on shipping like some other vendors, especially when you are shipping from the mainland U.S. to Hawaii (U.S.). Straight up act, excellent website, good help and advice like others say.

Our island club goes thru another parts supplier close so some pier in SoCal that packs a pallet of things form engines, fenders, to the small stuff. So we order up and hui to pay the shipping. Other than that I use a freight forwarder in California to get my stuff from companies that offer free continental US shipping.

I think you can trust John and aircooled to give you a fair deal.

This will be posted in his feedback thread too.

stay 8)

Sigurd Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 pm

John is one of the best in the business right now. His technical advise is free, both via email and Samba postings. Did he mention that he posts here? Yes, shipping is bad right now. I just sent a Gene Berg Achiever from Illinois to Washington for $17. If John needs a few extra bucks to keep one of the best shops and resources open, so be it.

Ghia Nut Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Shipping is just one of those things. How big / heavy are the parts you ordered?

While Im not dog cussing CB performance ( I love what they do and offer by all means) I was charged a chunk of change for shipping 4 dellorto jets. Shipping was more than the damn jets, granted they are the only people I know besides Alpha on ebay that has them (called Atlanta, Atlanta sent me to Detroit, Detroit sent me to Colorodo etc. etc.) Its just one of those things man, you gotta pay to play.

In other news, I just ordered 4 new tires with free shipping cheaper than what tire rack charges... a dollar less per tire but come on. Employee perk working for an automotive manufacture :D

spencerfvee Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm

shipping cost are way out of line . i used to sell to over seas buyers on samba . but i got tired of the over seas buyers wanting me to pay the shipping cost.. if you think shipping cost are high here in the USA try shipping something to japan . even from ohio to cal. cost a lot to ship . what gets me upset is when guys put a handleing charge on . i had one guy wanting to charge me $25.00 + shipping cost... i told him no way . he told me it was for boxes and tape and gas for him to drive to the post office and his time . he killed a $900.00 sale for being a jerk .. dam when someone spends $900.00 for a part i sell them . i sure the hell am not going to charge them more money . to take the package to the post office.. i am going to take there money and put it in the bank .. the only thing i can say is its just greed . and theres no end to it lol spencerfvee Axitech wrote: About to order around $350 worth of parts from Aircooled.net. Anybody habve a promo code that I can use to try and save a little money? $52 vbucks in shipping costs. You'd think they would throw in free shipping after $300 or so spent. Maybe I'm just cheap!

tattooed_pariah Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

One of my favorite tales of dealing with a mail order place involves the folks at AC.net..

I ordered some tool (deck height measuring IIRC..) and wanted it ASAP because I was trying to build my engine.. so I paid extra for 2 day shipping.. The next morning I got a phone call to let me know that they took it upon themselves to lower me down to standard ground because it only takes two days to get from utah to socal anyway.

They didn't need to do that, they could have kept the difference, but they went out of their way to call me and let me know they did. That meant a lot to me and is why to this day, even if I can get something $5 cheaper locally, I still go back to them because that is just one of many good experiences I have had with them.

And as everyone has said, their advice is always great and free, and they (at least present themselves) as though they truly care about their customers, that is hard to find these days.

tl:dr, cough up the cash and support a GREAT company! :)

Axitech Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:26 pm

About 5 minutes after I posted about finding the Facebook promo code, i ran cross a couple of sites where folks were singing his praises. I kwept looking and found more, a few on here too. You know, i understand high shipping costs with the price of fuel where it is. What I didn't expect was to have lucked into finding a supplier with such high regard in the industry. When I went to order the parts, I realized I had ordered from them before. Looked up my receipts and found that I was also a satisfied customer.

I thank you all for letting me know your thought s on this supplier. It is rare that you can find any company with very little to no 'bad marks',even rarer that you find one who EVERYBODY speaks highly of.

mark tucker Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm

john isant just a good sails man, he knows what he is talking about,and also has quality parts witch usualy isnt the case with the adverage salesmen.

David Wayne Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:34 pm

When it comes to shipping, you might want to look at the USPS flat rate boxes, or their parcel shipping. This is a shameless plug as I work for them, but I found them cheapest to send a pair of heads from Indiana to LA, 33 bucks if I remember correctly, but with flat rate, "if it fits, it ships" and there are several size boxes........

Eaallred Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm a bit biased because I used to work there, but John is a straight up honest guy. Even if its something you don't want to hear, you'll get the straight up answer so nobody is wasting their time.

Sounds like shipping is the same as when I was there. If it comes to $14.65 to ship, it rounds to the next buck at $15. They're busy and growing right now for good reason. Some stuff might be a little higher, but they aren't making it back on hidden charges.

I'm still a loyal AC.Net customer almost 14-15 years when they opened their doors.

mark tucker Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

David Wayne wrote: When it comes to shipping, you might want to look at the USPS flat rate boxes, or their parcel shipping. This is a shameless plug as I work for them, but I found them cheapest to send a pair of heads from Indiana to LA, 33 bucks if I remember correctly, but with flat rate, "if it fits, it ships" and there are several size boxes........ up but a lot of company dont do usps for thier parts shipping, wish they did.

slalombuggy Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:46 pm

When I ordered all the parts for a complete motor from a well known supplier I was quoted $1100 (yes, you read that right) $1100 shipping through UPS to Canada (not including brokerage and "fees") . After I shite my pants I went on freight center dot com and got a quote after asking the supplier about alternate shipping and getting weights and dimensions. I got it shipped by truck for $285 and I brokered it myself (UPS screws us on that) for only the taxes. Funny thing was there was also a quote from UPS on the list from FC.C.....for $380............

I've ordered parts from John and he was very fair on shipping and his tech advice helped me choose the right parts for what I was doing. That's worth a couple of bucks.......

brad

David Wayne Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 pm

mark tucker wrote: David Wayne wrote: When it comes to shipping, you might want to look at the USPS flat rate boxes, or their parcel shipping. This is a shameless plug as I work for them, but I found them cheapest to send a pair of heads from Indiana to LA, 33 bucks if I remember correctly, but with flat rate, "if it fits, it ships" and there are several size boxes........ up but a lot of company dont do usps for thier parts shipping, wish they did.

Give me the name of the company, I can turn it in, and the USPS should send a rep out there and see what we can do...... I say should, because we are a quasi government organization, and we all know how well they are doing ruining this country!!!!