TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: How can I tell... real Rossi headlights?
volkspower5150 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi again-

So I have a set of what I believe to be (and was told that they were) genuine Rossi headlights.
Couple things:

I think they look like hell compared to fluted stock or the Porsche style headlights,
And they feel a bit lightweight to be something og or older.
Some of the components look like they were stretch formed, not stamped. Surface rust, cracked, broken tabs on the plastic-

BUT, they're metal frames, and the lower lens says Rossi brazil.

Anything else I'm looking for?

And what do I have to do to find someone with COMPLETE lights to trade?? Lol

volkspower5150 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Miklo Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:42 am

I had an genuine pair of Rossi's I sold a few years ago.

Yes, those look to be original, plastic pieces and all.
(Fake Rossi's are ALL plastic)

Don't dismiss them as junk though just because they are an "acquired taste", they do have some value.

volkspower5150 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm

VeeDubDoug wrote: Don't dismiss them as junk though just because they are an "acquired taste", they do have some value.
Thanks- not saying they're junk, rather they're just not for me-
The real concern, is that I don't want to advertise them for sale/trade as genuine if they're not- if they are, and someone who has complete early light housings likes them and wants to swap, then I'll make the deal-

saw some repops that wold work nicely on my project....

Miklo Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 am

While not everyone's favorite, I have seen a few cars where they did look killer, mostly cal-look style cars.

I have not been happy with any repop headlight bucket. I would say your Rossi's are worth getting a good set of complete used German headlight buckets... Your Rossi's are genuine, complete, and look fairly clean. Polish them up a bit and put them in the classifieds. When I posted mine, I didn't think they would sell... they did.

volkspower5150 Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:20 pm

I hear ya Doug- I think that's what I'll do.... One mans trash is another's treasure I suppose- ;-)

clhall2 Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:07 am

did you trade or sell them????

volkspower5150 Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:09 am

Yes as a matter of fact I did.

clhall2 Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 am

Ok thanks for responding. I'll keep looking.

clhall2 Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 am

Ok thanks for responding. I'll keep looking.