TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Strato Silver .. where to purchase the best version?
Dauz Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Anyone have a picture of tcpglobal's version of L227 Strato Silver? I know they're kind of off on their Agave L240 (darker) so I'm wondering if I should or shouldn't pick up Strato from them..

Thanks in advance.

The Vdub Hub Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:03 am

I used Glasurit paint and the mixing formula I found their website.
The first gallon I had mixed was very dark. Shortly after, I located two oval window glove box doors that are original paint Strato Silver.
The back sides of each door are in well preserved condition as they probably were not exposed to any UV light. Both were an identical color match to each other and were lighter compared to the paint I had mixed. So, I had my gallon of paint readjusted to match the original paint color on the glove box doors.

RareAir Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:26 pm

I purchased a quart of Strato Silver from TCP (Miramar, Ca) since they are local to me. I used it to paint just the license plate light housing on my car. Here it is-

Since you list your location as San Diego, you're more than welcome to come by and see the finish on my car.

56Cabrio Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10 pm

RareAir wrote: I purchased a quart of Strato Silver from TCP (Miramar, Ca) since they are local to me. I used it to paint just the license plate light housing on my car. Here it is-

Since you list your location as San Diego, you're more than welcome to come by and see the finish on my car.
I want to see your 47 Glenn :D

RareAir Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:30 pm

56Cabrio wrote: RareAir wrote: I purchased a quart of Strato Silver from TCP (Miramar, Ca) since they are local to me. I used it to paint just the license plate light housing on my car. Here it is-

I want to see your 47 Glenn :D

Just click my signature :wink: or next time your in San Diego visiting, give me a heads up 8)

jpjohns Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:26 am

I love me some Strato Silver :P

67 Sunroof Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Amazing...

76VDubya Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:21 pm

That's a nice color!

jpjohns Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:43 pm

76VDubya wrote: That's a nice color!

Yes...yes it is!