TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: AC for less than $700.00 ( not a ad just a listing )
mikiega Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:27 pm

The parts and company's needed to have Heat/AC at the best price.

The under dash unit is found at Clodmaster UNIVERSAL UNDER DASH AC EVAPORATOR UNDERDASH A/C AIR CONDITIONER ADD ON UNIT 12V runs $100.00 on eBay, the compressor 12volt DC Air Conditioning A/C compressor R134a 3000 BTUs $155+ shopping from parks industries llc on eBay as well. For the condenser's you'll need 2 as well 2 electric fans Gilmore inds. On the enter net they will run about $300.00 +shipping. You will need AC hoses made any AC service clinic will be your best place for that. This is the best way to put AC in the car without spending $1,700.00.

I am putting this out there to help

Thanks

Sorry for the wrong info if you are looking under the dash unit the $97.00 one dose have heat but it needs a radiator to work.

The $92 one it the unit that works with the air cooled cars. Now this set up will work on almost every air cooled car.

ezcamper Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Have you tried this system yet?

mikiega Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Not at this time as my car is in the process of restoration and contrution. Haven talked to many sources and work on the set up. This a affordable version of factory Heat&AC in an electric powered car. This is also a very good alternative way of not haven to put a conpessor on the engine. Most systems either don't allow the deck lid to close correctly. And as in some cases like my case the motor setup dose not allow compressor. I hope this helps.

56reddy Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:20 pm

This sounds like a good alternative to an engine driven compressor. I'd like to hear some actual feed back for someone that has it in use in a hot and humid climate. I'm in south Florida am would consider this.

j.pickens Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:56 am

I posted this on the other thread, but I'll reiterate here. Not enough cooling to be of any use.
j.pickens wrote: ezcamper wrote: I have been research ing this:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=572034

It runs on 12 volts @ 28 amps.
That's about 300 watts, or about 0.4 horsepower. There is no way on God's green earth that this will cool down the interior of a bus in any meaningful way.

For reference, the newer efficient scroll compressor belt driven air conditioning units which run off a pulley on a standard engine take about 5hp to run, and they don't have to worry about efficiency loss in the electric motor running the compressor.

mikiega Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 pm

mikiega wrote: The parts and company's needed to have Heat/AC at the best price.

The under dash unit is found at Clodmaster UNIVERSAL UNDER DASH AC EVAPORATOR UNDERDASH A/C AIR CONDITIONER ADD ON UNIT 12V runs $100.00 on eBay, the compressor 12volt DC Air Conditioning A/C compressor R134a 3000 BTUs $155+ shopping from parks industries llc on eBay as well. For the condenser's you'll need 2 as well 2 electric fans Gilmore inds. On the enter net they will run about $300.00 +shipping. You will need AC hoses made any AC service clinic will be your best place for that. This is the best way to put AC in the car without spending $1,700.00.

I am putting this out there to help

Thanks

Sorry for the wrong info if you are looking under the dash unit the $97.00 one dose have heat but it needs a radiator to work.

The $92 one it the unit that works with the air cooled cars. Now this set up will work on almost every air cooled car.

the new eBay supplier link is

http://picclick.com/12volt-DC-Air-Conditioning-A-C-compressor-R134a-3000-221228414796.html