TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Finding my old Bug?
swhitcomb Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 am

What is the best way to find a car you used to own? I have the CA license number, but nothing else. I can't find the VIN anywhere. I'd really like to track down my old 69 Bug, but my google searching just takes me to page after page of junk and ads.

Agave58 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:58 am

Because of Anti Stalking laws, its harder to get info. I too am searching for an old Bug I once owned, I have the Vin and Plate info, but no luck so far.

swhitcomb Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:02 pm

It's made even harder by the fact that I no longer live in CA. I'd love to find it, see if it's still on the road, and perhps, buy it back someday. I owned it from 95-98.

jwold Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Maybe you guys should include the numbers and a "looking for this car" or something in your signature lines.

santakart Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Good evening Steve here, I have purchased a 69 beetle, that has come from CA. It was a rust free car other than under the battery, I believe the color was light blue. I have a black and yellow lic plate perhaps if you could shoot me an e-mail I will try to find the plate and we can see if it might have beem yours.

swhitcomb Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:37 am

CA plate 2mzs972.

Car was in Glendora CA, in the San Gabriel Valley. It was dark blue, and about 3/4s of the paint was original.

santakart Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Sorry not this one, a black and yellow CA plate YAF975 and the car is a dark root beer purple over the orig light blue, which will return on the whole car.

thank you