TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 67 og paint sunroof square Page: 1, 2  Next
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 pm

So i sold my T34 and bought this 67 og paint sunroof square

After about a week of me owning it

Next to my buddys fastback

Ive had it about 2 months and now it looks like this

The og paint was buffed out and I lowered it ill update this thread everynow and then

MonT3 Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 pm

congrats on your nice looking square.

ALLWAGONS Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:47 am

Congratulations on your sunroof square!

Martin
allwagons

yunazz Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 am

stunning! 8) 8)

Erik G Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:01 am

It used to be soooo easy to find type 3's in this used but original condition. Not anymore. I'm diggin it, hows the interior and motor? Mind telling us what you paid so I can be really jealous? lol

Nate M. Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:34 am

Congrats! The stance and the wheels really set it off nice. 8)

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Erik G wrote: It used to be soooo easy to find type 3's in this used but original condition. Not anymore. I'm diggin it, hows the interior and motor? Mind telling us what you paid so I can be really jealous? lol

Its been tapped it the front but was fixed very well and the hood front apron and the paint was blended on the fenders.

The door panels are orignal but the seats have been recovered and the headlined is gone along with the carpet.

The motor runs alright but needs a tuneup but it need a tranny rebuild as there is no reverse.

I paid more then I really wanted to for it but is is og paint and a sunroof which is excatly what I wanted. Ill get some more pics up in a few days

Erik G Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 am

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia wrote:

I paid more then I really wanted to for it but is is og paint and a sunroof which is excatly what I wanted. Ill get some more pics up in a few days

I feel ya. Please do.

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:07 am

Its kinda funny the guy I bought it from was completely amazed that I was not paint it, he was like you're really not gonna paint it? I was like nope its only og paint once!

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Some interior pics

og door panels

The dash is really nice but I think its a repop

I think the seats have been recovered

I made the window cranks as the other ones were broken

The motor has an alternator but I dont like it so im putting the 67 only generator on it so if somebody wants the alternator pm me

Bobnotch Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:56 pm

You've got PM.

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:00 pm

I should probably mention that the alternator is not the good kit that is avaliable. I have no idea what it is from and its custom how ever it does work

EverettB Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

First - nice car.

The back seat looks original upholstery.

Erik G Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:15 am

That dash IS really nice and I don't think it's a re-pop. Chrome trim and no one repops with the correct speaker grill like that. The arm rest is really nice too, that can be a pain to find. Looks solid dude, congrats

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Erik G wrote: That dash IS really nice and I don't think it's a re-pop. Chrome trim and no one repops with the correct speaker grill like that. The arm rest is really nice too, that can be a pain to find. Looks solid dude, congrats
Almost all the holes for the speaker are not punched out.
I had the arm rests recoverd

Sweet'n Low Vdubs Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 am

Is your sunroof complete and does it have og parts or new? As everyone on the net knows, I'm determined to get mine back to working order myself and I'm interested in knowing if people are using newer parts (ie steel vs plastic). LOOKS GREAT SO FAR!

squaretobehip Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia wrote: Erik G wrote: That dash IS really nice and I don't think it's a re-pop. Chrome trim and no one repops with the correct speaker grill like that. The arm rest is really nice too, that can be a pain to find. Looks solid dude, congrats

That is an older WCM repop dash. They pop up every once in a while.

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Sweet'n Low Vdubs wrote: Is your sunroof complete and does it have og parts or new? As everyone on the net knows, I'm determined to get mine back to working order myself and I'm interested in knowing if people are using newer parts (ie steel vs plastic). LOOKS GREAT SO FAR!

all og parts and works perfectly and also added an nos sunroof deflector

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:17 pm

squaretobehip wrote: Deluxe Lowlight Ghia wrote: Erik G wrote: That dash IS really nice and I don't think it's a re-pop. Chrome trim and no one repops with the correct speaker grill like that. The arm rest is really nice too, that can be a pain to find. Looks solid dude, congrats

That is an older WCM repop dash. They pop up every once in a while.
thats sounds right because it does not fit perfect

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm

I broke the rear view mirror and I know its the 67 only one however will a 66 mirror fit or am I out of luck, I like the look of the 66 mirror more ill also add some new pics later today