TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Please help me - Seller in FL not responding
chester2008 Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello friends from the samba,

I have a question/problem. I thought that i have bought a nice car from a member from the samba. He had a advertisement for a bus and i bought the bus from him. I transfered the money to a account of this member. I have try to call this and the person i get on the Phone says that he is the brother of the guy i bought the car from. He tells me that his brother had a traffic accident, oke that can be true. But i try to call him for a week now but no responese who can help me.

I have the advertisement number, name, adress, telnumber. It seems that he lives in Sarasota Florida.

i hope that someone can help me.

Geffroy

skills@eurocarsplus Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:25 pm

best bet is the police at this point. that would be my guess

gt1953 Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Does not sound like a good situation.

chester2008 Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Thx for the reply's. I have called with the police. They told me that the the adress and evrything was oke. It was a strange situation but the police phoned the person. He told me that he was still in the hospital.
It seems that it will be oke.

thx geffroy

TrulyVintage Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:23 pm

It will not be o.k. for you if he ends up disabled or worse ...

You might want to see if you can deal with a family member and get possession somehow of what you bought .. . :idea:

Mr. Unpopular Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 pm

PM me with info. I know some VW people in Sarasota. I'm only 1.5 hours north if it comes down to it.