TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Exhaust
drb1984 Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Ok I think I am going to ditch the cheap dual exhaust I have on my sand rail and go with either the tri mil or bugpack exhaust. I was looking at the bugpack headers and was wondering if I can add a stinger style tip that points upwards to that or will it point straight out the back? I am wanting the 4 into one style but the stinger tip pointing straight up at a slight angle. What would be my best bet here?

drb1984 Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Does tri mil make a bobcat style that has the pre heat flanges?

Bashr52 Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:48 am

You want a bobcat like this?

No heat risers, and not sure why you'd want them. IF you're going to a good merged setup like that, bite the bullet and get a nice set of dual carbs to go with it.

drb1984 Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:57 am

I dont want to go dual carb because I just bought a pertronix svda distributor and pertronix coil and have been told that will really only work well with a stock carb. So I bought a fully rebuilt solex 34 pict-3 carb from a guy on this site to go with it. I need pre heat tubes because currently I am experiencing carb icing because I have no pre heat tubes. So I plan on purchasing a new intake manifold as well.

Bashr52 Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:23 am

drb1984 wrote: I dont want to go dual carb because I just bought a pertronix svda distributor and pertronix coil and have been told that will really only work well with a stock carb. So I bought a fully rebuilt solex 34 pict-3 carb from a guy on this site to go with it. I need pre heat tubes because currently I am experiencing carb icing because I have no pre heat tubes. So I plan on purchasing a new intake manifold as well.

You can run a SVDA off a vacuum port on a set of kads.......

sxuxrxf Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:22 pm

drb1984 wrote: Does tri mil make a bobcat style that has the pre heat flanges?

Your choices are limited if you are looking for heat risers.

It's easy to make your own...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search...=titleonly

shred625 Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:55 am

You can always get a bare metal exhaust and add the heat riser connections