TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Project: No Direction // 66 Beetle
pfcmooney Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Ok....after I just wrote a book with pictures and all....I couldn't figure out why the pics wouldn't work....so I'll start it out like this....

I started with this...

and have worked to this...the pan is still not finished, but its alot closer than it was!

So here is my body that I'm going to put on...its a 66. I honestly have no idea what look I'm wanting to go with.

The chassis is a 72 IRS, 4 way air ride, 17" Raders in 205/40's, Airkewld 4" Beam, New Pans, Powder Coated, stainless hardware, new everything...

I haven't picked a color for the body yet, thinking of just going with something subtle and maybe even a stock VW color like maybe dove blue. I've basically been putting the things that I like into one common picture, and so far everything seems to be working out nice. So I'll keep rolling with that, but I believe choosing a color will be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life...lol

Anyways, I will be periodically posting updates here, but I am not a 1%er, so this will take some time...I am also a big DIYer, so I will be doing most likely everything from paint to motor to everything EXCEPT interior. So, just be patient with me.

Thanks for taking a look!

colineunson Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:40 am

i feel your pain, i was rebuilding my car for 5 years before it hit paint and thought about every colour, then just when i thought i was convinced, i changed it a week before paint. but i am now very happy. it was L380, i love dove blue too though, and car looks great so far!

pfcmooney Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:54 am

I've been seeing ALL sorts of paint colors to go with and just cant narrow any down. I like Dove Blue, Ipanema Brown, Texas Brown, thought about just respraying it Java Green again....ugh! I just cant figure it out. I'm wanting to do it all myself and not sure if I want to just go with a single stage or base/clear. Its aggravating, but I'll figure it out. Really leaning towards Java Green though.

pfcmooney Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Got the body mounted and am having issues clearing the 17" wheels win I turn, so I'm debating going with 15" wheels up front so I don't have to cut the body...haven't made up my mind, but I will chime in on my decision and the results.

pfcmooney Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:01 pm

I keep seeing this thread and need to update it, so here we go...

Since the last time I updated, I've gotten the pan completed except a few little things like routing the airlines and such as that. I have completed the body work and finished the inner tubs to clear the 17's. Gotten it in some fresh Java Green paint. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

vwclap Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Nice

pfcmooney Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks! :)

webberjames95 Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:08 pm

this is gangster. way to paint it green. not a lot of people do. most people are going red these days

63Ragtop NZ Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:31 pm

very nice, good work with the front tubs. Paint looks sweet!

pfcmooney Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:02 am

Thanks I appreciate it! I wasnt going to go with green at first, I was going to go with a dark orange, but once I put the body on the pan with the green, it just looked great. So I decided to go with it. I'm happy with the decision. I have to order some shocks for the rear and put some oil in the tranny and then the body can be put back on the pan for good. Cant wait for that! I need my garage back, lol.