TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Headlight retainers for plastic Baja housings
darth brian Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:00 am

Hey guys. I put new plastic baja light housings on my car not more that 6 months ago along with some new H4 conversion lamps. The bulbs that came with the H4 housings were junk and i just got to replacing them a few weeks ago. However, the ring that holds the 7" light into the baja housing quickly snapped on me as i was reassembling. This is the FIRST time i took these apart to change bulbs since i installed them brand new. I knew they were cheap but come on...

anyways Im looking for replacement "rings" or "retainers". I havn't been able to find anything but replacement housings which is silly. I'm about to just get some 7" offroad lights and put these H4 bulbs in them.
The pics below should show you what im talking about. The zip ties are what's currently holding everything together.

72Pstroke Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Find a local welder with a TIG and have him tack them back together.

Tim

darth brian Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm

72Pstroke wrote: Find a local welder with a TIG and have him tack them back together.

Tim

Does it have to be TIG welded? Or will a MIG work?

72Pstroke Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 am

You could probably do it with a MIG. It won't be stainless filler, and it is tougher to keep the heat low enough to weld it. .023 wire will work the best.
It will work, it just may not be as pretty,
Tim