TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: To Faux Pigalle or to not? (photoshop'd interior) Page: 1, 2  Next
tim3 Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 pm

So I am going to finish off my interior kit and not sure if I should go with just getting oatmeal carpet or possibly break into the darkside and pull off a faux pigalle inspired interior.. I have added a photoshop version of what it might look like if I get SEM Portola Red Vinyl paint for the dash which I heard it matches TMI Brick Red well. Currently I am running Brick Red / Mesh Red interior and crappy black carpet.. My Dash is in really good condition and afraid if i SEM it with red paint that it will make other Type 3 lovers angry lol..

anyways check it out.. the other route other then painting my steering wheel, indicator, dash, and z arm rests is to just get those ebay dash covers and paint that to protect my og dash and hint at pigalle style??

Photoshop'd Interior:

Current Interior:

steaksauce Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Too much red for me, needs another color to break it all up, just went through that with my bmw that has everything black so I broke it up with some saddle brown door panels.

brakeman22 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:27 pm

I think if you did red on the dash and kept the carpet black it would be a nice balance.

tim3 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 pm

yeah my fiance is not digging the all red interior.. so I think maybe just the dash cover for $50 and SEM portola red paint.. this way i get a hint of this look.. I am still thinking oatmeal carpet cuz i dont really like how black carpet makes the car feel smaller..

EverettB Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:27 pm

I voted all red.

I know you just photoshopped it but the Pigalle red carpet is more of a normal red, not a dark burgundy so it's more crazy in your face red. People either love it or hate it.

P.S. Your e-brake is way out of adjustment.

tim3 Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:27 pm

here is kinda what I am thinking with a dash cap painted red along with my inspiration from a porsche interior i really like minus the ivory steering wheel:

(btw photoshoped the carpet from a bug on google lol)

tim3 Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Quote: P.S. Your e-brake is way out of adjustment.

yeah im like on the last notch of my ebrake.. i need to adjust my drums, but im doing a 5x130 conversion in a few weeks so im not too concerned.. :)

tim3 Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:38 pm

looking at these dashcaps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1974-Volkswagen-Type-...mp;vxp=mtr

anybody have any experience with these?

Nate M. Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:31 pm

I understand that pigalle is rare and because of that many folks think it's "cool", but dang that is a gross color!! If I had a car with that stuff, I swap it out for black in a heart beat. I can take seats in red, even door panels in red. But I draw the line on dash pads and steering wheels. :lol:

(flame suit on) 8)

chaosisme Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am

I like pigalles but your current interior looks really, really nice. Id leave it alone if it were my choice.

one4house Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 am

My vote would be for red seats.

I am going to do something with the rear seat in the near future. Right now I have other issues to deal with. All black with the read seats satisfies my need for red without overpowering.

Erik G Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:24 am

another vote for the faux. Do it

Bobnotch Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 am

I have to agree with Nate, it's a little over powering. But, it's your car, and you can do what you want with it.

EverettB Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 am

Nate M. wrote: I understand that pigalle is rare and because of that many folks think it's "cool", but dang that is a gross color!! If I had a car with that stuff, I swap it out for black in a heart beat. I can take seats in red, even door panels in red. But I draw the line on dash pads and steering wheels. :lol:

(flame suit on) 8)

Deal with it! :lol:

Add these too!

(Ok, that's over the line)

Tram Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:45 am

EverettB wrote: Nate M. wrote: I understand that pigalle is rare and because of that many folks think it's "cool", but dang that is a gross color!! If I had a car with that stuff, I swap it out for black in a heart beat. I can take seats in red, even door panels in red. But I draw the line on dash pads and steering wheels. :lol:

(flame suit on) 8)

Add these too!

Over the line? Like HELL it is!!! :lol:

Stupid question though- I should know this but I'm on drugs- shouldn't the e-brake handle, boot, and shifter boot be piggy too?

Flush_Gordon337 Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 am

Are the letters over the pedals stock? Or is that a training aide?

Erik G Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Tram wrote: Stupid question though- I should know this but I'm on drugs- shouldn't the e-brake handle, boot, and shifter boot be piggy too?

I have never seen them in red, and the cars pictured are real low mileage examples. I think these stayed black

Nate M. Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

EverettB wrote: Nate M. wrote: I understand that pigalle is rare and because of that many folks think it's "cool", but dang that is a gross color!! If I had a car with that stuff, I swap it out for black in a heart beat. I can take seats in red, even door panels in red. But I draw the line on dash pads and steering wheels. :lol:

(flame suit on) 8)

Add these too!

Thanks for that!
I just threw-up in my mouth. . . :wink: :lol:

Is this pay back for the April fools joke you fell for way back in 2000?? :lol: 8)

EverettB Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Erik G wrote: Tram wrote: Stupid question though- I should know this but I'm on drugs- shouldn't the e-brake handle, boot, and shifter boot be piggy too?

I have never seen them in red, and the cars pictured are real low mileage examples. I think these stayed black

Yes, they are black/greyish

EverettB Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Nate M. wrote: Is this pay back for the April fools joke you fell for way back in 2000?? :lol: 8)
I don't remember that.