TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: got a new 76'
buggy man Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 am

hey guys, I have been playing with vw's for a while now, built 3 engines up, and have built a baja to rolling state so far with big suspension, porsche cv's ect. ect.

Anyway I have recently acquired a 1976 beetle in really decent shape, so obviously being an Australian model its ball joint front, IRS rear end, front disk brakes, rear drums, a 1600 dp engine and 4 speed.

My plans are to make it a tough streeter with a drag car style to it.. So with the car being mostly original lets let the mods begin!!

VWCOOL Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:43 am

Lowered beam, 15x6-inch rims...Easy!

buggy man Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:04 am

the car has 2 1/2" drop spindles on the front so it sits quite low.. I'll chuck some pics up asap!

buggy man Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

buggy man Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 pm

So hopefully will be down to pick up the bug from dads place next week (the photos were taken there)
I'm going to concentrate on the interior to start with as that is the part where I will spend most of my time around lol
So going for alloy/stainless dash panel with cht, volt, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges and of course a monster tach and speedo.
Then I want to go with the black door trims from cb, black hood lining, some classic style black fixed back drag seats, black carpet, drag fast shifter and a grant wheel.

Also currently building a hi-po 1600 to go in it...

buggy man Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 am

VWCOOL Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 am

Is that Barringtons?

buggy man Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Sure is, ontop of the mountain on the way to armidale.