TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Kids car seats in a squareback?
Agentwright Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:47 am

So I am in the process of trying to sell/trade my MGB GT for a Square Back because there is no way to fit a human being in the back of an MGB GT. I have two kids (2 and newborn) and I really want to get something I can put the kids in. I had a 66 bug and a 68 bus, I am still considdering a bus but I'd really like to get a square back. im just wondering if it is even possible to fit two rear facing car seats in the back of a squareback? anybody done it? I'm ok with slidding the seats all the way forward. Its not something they would ride in all the time, but I would like them to have the option.
Thanks!

bad1916 Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:47 am

When my oldest was born, he's 12 now, he was in a rear facing seat in the back. I never tried 2 seats but don't see why it wouldn't work.

VWporscheGT3 Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 am

if i was able to do it in a bug, you can do it in a square.

Agentwright Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:55 am

Awesome thank you guys! thats good news!

Clatter Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:31 pm

I'm going to say that you can fit a kid in the back of an MG GT until they are about 10 or 12 years old...

:D

Agentwright Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:04 pm

lol that is true, I got one of my buddies back there once there were three of us in the car, it was pretty tight but we made it. My wife wont go for it. She likes the look of the square backs and i like them a lot too so its win win. I got a guy coming over on sunday to look at the mg so fingers crossed it works out.

BSQUARE Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:34 pm

seems appropriate for the topic... :D

Agentwright Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 pm

haha that is awesome my wife will get a kick out of that!

ALLWAGONS Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:41 pm

VW says you DON'T need car seats, you need this for your squareback.

Agentwright Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 am

haha wow i want one of those so bad!