TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone near or in Boulder Colorado?
ryanshanabarger Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Hello all.

I am going to be a student at Naropa University, and I am looking for a parking space. I drive and stay in a beautifully restored 1971 VW Bus, so I need somewhere to park at night. Willing to pay different amounts depending on location.

Basic need: Parking spot on non-busy street where I wouldn't be bothering anyone.

Will pay more for off road (in driveway or behind house for example).
Will pay more for space in an enclosed garage.
Will pay more for ability to use 1 outlet (to charge computer, phone, etc).
Will pay more if wifi is available.

I know it's an odd request, but if you have the space you can get some extra money and you'll never notice me anyways :) Quiet person, just looking to save money by living in my beautiful bus!

I figure that anyone here on the forum can understand the love and desire to be with my bus! It worked wonderfully for the last semester of my BA degree, so I am looking forward to continuing this adventure as I pursue my master's degree in the fall.

So if you are in Boulder or know anyone who is, please let me know! Thanks :)

utahclaimjumper Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:06 am

Nobody from Colorado can answer while stoned.>>>D

ryanshanabarger Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:46 am

Lol, funny.

But let's be honest, if people were really incapacitated from being stoned. I think there would be a whole lot more totaled vw busses laying around :P

RAJones Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm in Boulder, but I can't help you with your parking problem. Good luck!

ryanshanabarger Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Okay, thanks though!

If you think of anyone who might be able to, send them my way.

Argos33 Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:29 pm

I would love to help but unfortunately I am in a condo and do not have a parking space for you. Have you tried posting on craigslist? Seems like there are plenty of college students etc that if you gave $20 a month would let you use their driveway and wifi and power.

Otherwise I think you can actually stay in Walmart parking lots and they don't care at all. But heck it's Boulder - I think as long as you don't stay in one spot for more than a week you could park it just about anywhere.

ryanshanabarger Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:23 pm

I've definitely got a craigslist ad up already, but no bites yet. I have 5 months or so before I need a place (school starts in august), so I'm confident I'll find someone!

As for walmart/moving occasionally -- this is true, and i've gotten away with it for short whiles before... But honestly it's just not fun. You don't sleep as well when you're waiting to hear the cops bang on the door! And every sound you hear is someone "discovering" you lol...

It's just nice to have a little 10x5 ft piece of pavement that you have a 'right' to park on. Makes it feel safer, more secure, and more comfortable :) I'll find something, just let me know if anyone you know could help out!

pondoras box Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:03 am

I don't know if it fits your budget but have you researched KOA camp grounds?

You would be staying off season and the rates will be lower, in fact here in Erie the just advertised free camping, off course we have a few feet of snow on the ground and it has regularly dipping below zero, but who knows what you can work out.

It would also provide water, showers and restroom facilities, not to mention laundry machines. Your classmates will appreciate your adventure a lot more if you have these amenities at your disposal.

I think it would be safer quieter and more pleasant than a backyard.

ryanshanabarger Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 am

*Bump*

Mike Fisher Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:00 pm

For $300/month you can stay in a Trailer Park w/power,water,showers etc. Drive out there and play it by ear after you arrive. WalMart for your first night in town. My buddy towed his travel trailer to Teluride. He ended up parking it at some people's place he met in a Bar there. He did the same thing when he moved to Lake Tahoe.

ryanshanabarger Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm

I was unaware that they were so cheap. I'll have to do some research.

EDIT: Called 3 places, each said the same thing: It is illegal to have any RV's parked at the mobile home lots. Even if I bought a $30,000 lot, I wouldn't be able to be living on that space in my bus.

So... Lame haha. Ah well. The search continues :)

Q-Dog Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:18 pm

On one of my cross country RV treks we stopped in Boulder for a couple of nights. It may be the most RV unfriendly place I've ever been.

We spent a night in a shopping center parking lot, then managed to find a spot at Boulder Mountain Lodge. They used to have a few spots for tent campers and for vans and RVs less than 20' long. They sometimes rent out the entire place for large functions, so since we had no reservations we could only stay a couple of days. They were really nice folks, so maybe they can help you.

http://bouldermountainlodge.com

Mike Fisher Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:25 pm

You would be better off with a cheap used 20' travel trailer and a 4X4 pickup to tow & commute with.

ryanshanabarger Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:40 am

*bump*