TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: O.C.T.O. Meet 2014 - Saturday, June 7 - Long Beach, CA Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
OCTOman Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Just a reminder. :D

What: O.C.T.O. Meet 2014
When: Saturday, June 7, 2014
Where: Long Beach, California
Time: 6:00am-2:00pm

Orange County Transporter Organization presents "O.C.T.O. Meet 2014". This is our Summer bus event. It's is a swap and display meet, for 1967 and earlier Volkswagen buses only, held at Long Beach Veteran's Memorial Stadium, Long Beach, CA. Til 1967 VW type IIs get preferred swap and display spaces which will be on a "First come - First served basis". There will be raffle prizes at the main booth. Refreshment services will be provided by LBVMS Concessions. So drive your transporter!!!

Long Beach Veteran's Memorial Stadium
5000 E. Lew Davis St.
Long Beach, CA 90808

Enter off Faculty Ave.

General Rules:

NO Pets
NO Onsite Overnight Camping
NO Alcoholic Beverages
NO Glass Containers
NO Motorized Scooters, Bikes, Pocket Rockets, Skateboards, etc.
NO Loud Music
NO Burn Outs
NO Motor Revving
NO Food Sales
NO Onsite Cooking
NO Pets

Please abide by the rules above. Our continued use of the facility depends on it. Thank you.

Fees:
1967 and Earlier Buses (Display or Swap): $5.00 Per Person
Vendors (Autos other than 67 or earlier buses): $50.00 Per Space
(Truck with trailer = 2-spaces = $100.00)
Walk-In Spectators: $5.00 Per Person (Kids 12 and Under Are Free)
More info at: http://www.octo.org or Call (714) 374-7506

See you there!!! 8)

Please be sure not to miss the other events going on this week starting Saturday, May 31:

May 31, 2014 - Aircooled Anarchy Charity Run 8am-4pm
Lakewood, California www.aircooledanarchy.com

June 01, 2014 - Pomona Swap Meet & Classic Car Show 5am-2pm
Pomona, California www.pomonaswapmeet.com

June 01, 2014 - DKP Cruise Night - FarmerBoys 6-10pm
Fullerton, CA www.dkpcarclub.com (date to be confirmed)

June 05, 2014 - Aircooled Anarchy’s Meet & Greet Nite 7pm
Seal Beach, California www.aircooledanarchy.com

June 05, 2014 - June 08, 2014 - BLACKSTAR CAMP-OUT Hosted by VTO
Chino, California www.keepitstock.com

June 06, 2014 - Pierside Parts Unlimited Open House
Huntington Beach, California www.piersideparts.net

June 07, 2014 - VW Toy and Collectibles Show (After OCTO) 2pm
Irvine, California www.bugin.com

June 08, 2014 - El Prado VW Show & Shine
Chino, California www.elprado.org

As more open houses, cruises, and meet and greets are confirmed, they will be added to the list. A team has been assembled and is diligently working to make the historic classic week full of events and activities. Definately not one to miss.

:D

OCTOman Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello Everyone,
Wanted to let you know that our upcoming show this summer will be on Saturday, June 7, 2014.

It's an unfortunate situation that the Classic has changed to a later date. I have no doubt that the team at Bugorama did what they could to keep the same date. However, my understanding is that given the circumstances of the change of venue, they took what date was available and most feasible. We will be there to support them and help make the Classic a successful event as always.

Regards,
OCTO

EZ Gruv Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to OCTO!

werksberg Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 am

What can I do to help OCTO event to surpass the Classic event?

Let's all work together on doing this right for those VW brothers & sisters making a long drive or flight for the Pomona swap / OCTO Bus event week a blast for them and ourselves!

Werksberg Products is here for OCTO!

vintage bits Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:45 am

We are making the long haul flight from Melbourne Australia and so happy that OCTO is still on this date.. Thanks OCTO guys.. Is the Vw Collectables show still on the 7th as well or is it moving with the Classic..? We are going to the Bugorama #73 at Sacramento and Pomona Swap meet also.. Disapointed that the Classic has moved..

j.pickens Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:53 am

Octoman shows the toy/lit show after OCTO.

So what's the plan for Sunday?
Ideas?

Backn86 Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:18 am

vintage bits wrote: Is the Vw Collectables show still on the 7th as well or is it moving with the Classic..? ..

As of now we are not sure if the Toy and Literature show is going to take place on Saturday afternoon. With the Classic moving to a different date, it has a large impact on how we go about dealing with the Hotel and renting the ball room.

The Toy and Literature show will NOT move to the new weekend of the VW Classic. It will either happen on it's original date, or not happen at all.

I will keep everyone updated over the next few weeks with what we plan to do.

werksberg Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

Just an idea here.....combine the OCTO plus the Toy / Literature shows together and place the T&L Vendors in the shade of the stadium just inside the chain link fence?

Just an idea....

Jim Schield Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:25 am

By leaving a day early, and driving like crazy we will be in Southern California in time for the Pomona Swap on Sunday. We'll start the drive back after the OCTO Show on Saturday. Who needs the Classic (my first "miss" in years)? It's OCTO Week here we come!
Jim Schield
Naperville, IL

Backn86 Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:37 pm

vintage bits wrote: We are making the long haul flight from Melbourne Australia and so happy that OCTO is still on this date.. Thanks OCTO guys.. Is the Vw Collectables show still on the 7th as well or is it moving with the Classic..? We are going to the Bugorama #73 at Sacramento and Pomona Swap meet also.. Disapointed that the Classic has moved..

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=586195

OCTOman Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Love it when a plan comes together! 8)

OCTOman Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 pm

OCTOman Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:28 pm

VWcollector1 Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Jeez I get it that OCTO and the Classic are not happening the same weekend, but can someone tell me if the Toy and lit show is happening and when? You will still need a central hotel for both the OCTO show and Classic. See if the old Crown Plaza will be the host for both events, until we can figure out how to get everything on the same weekend.

pb_foots Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:10 am

This was the last I heard, that it had been cancelled

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=586195&start=40

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Report this post to Moderator/Admin.

Just wanted to let everyone know, we had to cancel the Toy and Collectibles Show on Saturday afternoon. We unfortunately ran into a scheduling conflict with the Hotel and were unable to acquire the large Ball Room for the event.

There's still so much to do during the week, this shouldn't come as a huge hit for those visiting. I will see everyone at OCTO on Saturday, then onto Prado for some camping and an AWESOME event Sunday!

thanks to everyone who is helping out with this So Cal VW week!

Dasdubber Fri May 09, 2014 3:28 am

A group of 8 of us are heading over from Australia (vintage bits - will have to keep an ear out for you!), for Sacramento Bugorma and Pomona, and of course couldn't miss OCTO and looking forward to the new El Prado show. We are relieved something took the place of the Classic as we had tickets booked already and couldn't reschedule - can't wait!
Al

vintage bits Fri May 09, 2014 4:02 am

Sounds good Dasdubber will keep an ear out for you guys... I was so pissed off when I heard that the Classic was move to later in June....
Will be at all the even't you mentioned... Can't wait... We leave tomorrow Saturday...

sventinker Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 pm

I am looking for people to caravan with for the show I live in Palm springs and will be taking the 10 Freeway Please pm me if you can help

91DOKA Fri May 16, 2014 9:07 am

Looking forward to another great shhoowwa! =D>

werksberg Sat May 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Werksberg Products will be there June 7th and if you are planning to buy ABS interior panels, Please PM your list to us and a contact cell number for us to make sure we have it all for you and hold your order too.....

:wink: