TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: restojohnnys early 63 pushbutton squareback barnfind Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
restojohnny Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:01 pm

OH I saw this ad for 1970 variant in the local paper with a few pic's but it obviously wasn't a 1970 but an early 63 :shock: Lots of parts 2-3 of everthing only rust in the battery tray area original ruby red paint white roof. Missing the bottom end of the motor and the front seats and the rear armrest and that's pretty much it. Gonna sort thru it and sell what I won't be needing. Came with the cookie cutters and other cools stuff flat lenses etc....very straight never been hit :wink: I will try my hardest NOT to sell this :lol: but my 67 is almost ready so I might just go all out on this 63 but time will tell check out the pics. If ya need something hit me up I just might not be using that part or check my ads :D

AS FOUND PIC'S -

restojohnny Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:05 pm

pics of it at home -

restojohnny Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:09 pm

pic's of the parts all sorted out (sorta,kinda) lots of extra stuff -

Nate M. Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:51 pm

WOW!! Nice score!! Congrats.

MonT3 Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Congrats on your find indeed! That's some nice treasure!

Tram Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:04 pm

restojohnny wrote: pic's of the parts all sorted out (sorta,kinda) lots of extra stuff -

Have I told you lately how much I hate you? :x

:lol: But seriously, nice find.

restojohnny Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks everyone. My wife said I can keep it and not make it part of my yearly earning's like the rest of my parts and cars I find :lol: :lol: So I checked the vin# and it's a may of 63 square so I am stoked. Thanks to everyone that has told me what's rare and what's not on my 63. I'm still learning about my 67 square stuff now this is totally new to me again....Color is ruby red but not sure if the white on the roof is original but it look's it. Also I noticed the side markers are above the beltline and not below it like my 67. What years are like that. Can I use the same front seats as other 67 & earlier type3's I have 2 rear windows one sekurit and the other also sekurit but with defrosters in it. What year is the defroster one. I have all the glass and then some but no front windshield but I can get that easily. I know it's four lug so that will be something to address to early wide 5 but I just sold my early wide 5 to my homie :wink: so I guess I'll have to hunt another set up again. I got's lot's of questions again so thanks in advance :D

Lerxst Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm

noice! :wink:

Tram Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:54 pm

restojohnny wrote: Thanks everyone. My wife said I can keep it and not make it part of my yearly earning's like the rest of my parts and cars I find :lol: :lol: So I checked the vin# and it's a may of 63 square so I am stoked. Thanks to everyone that has told me what's rare and what's not on my 63. I'm still learning about my 67 square stuff now this is totally new to me again....Color is ruby red but not sure if the white on the roof is original but it look's it. Also I noticed the side markers are above the beltline and not below it like my 67. What years are like that. Can I use the same front seats as other 67 & earlier type3's I have 2 rear windows one sekurit and the other also sekurit but with defrosters in it. What year is the defroster one. I have all the glass and then some but no front windshield but I can get that easily. I know it's four lug so that will be something to address to early wide 5 but I just sold my early wide 5 to my homie :wink: so I guess I'll have to hunt another set up again. I got's lot's of questions again so thanks in advance :D

It's a '63, fo feck's sake- restore it and keep it stock! talk to Gizmobob about correct repro seat covers. Yes, the side markers are higher up on '61/'63. This is the original 1500, beginning in August 1963 ('64 model year) they split up into N, S, and E models.

The brakes you need are '61-'63 only, too.

Don't get all cheap about this one. No slamming it on Earlies bullshit. K? :wink:

Adam Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:17 am

Awesome score. I could use some of those doubles you have :wink:

Bobnotch Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:12 am

restojohnny wrote: pic's of the parts all sorted out (sorta,kinda) lots of extra stuff -

Nice score. The engine parts look like 67 stuff (dual carbs, with dual port manifolds and tin).
Having 2 push button units is always a plus. Those things are hard to find in good condition.

restojohnny Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:36 am

Yes alot of people are asking if I will be selling one of those pushbutton units so they both look way better than they do in the picture and I think they would work but I don't know how to test them. Gonna post one up for sale in alittle. Thanks for the engine stuff info. Good to have spares for my 67 :wink:

ataraxia Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 am

If you decide to restore to 63 Spec, I can get you NOS brake drums and possibly cylinders.

Nice score, for sure!

If I were you, I'd keep both pushbutton units until you get one working for sure. You never know what you'll need.

restojohnny Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 am

ataraxia wrote: If you decide to restore to 63 Spec, I can get you NOS brake drums and possibly cylinders.

Nice score, for sure!

If I were you, I'd keep both pushbutton units until you get one working for sure. You never know what you'll need.

Sweet brother....I will take you up on the hookup when it's time and I think I will keep all 3 of the pushbutton units just to make sure one of them works 8)

t3kg Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 am

Nice score. Love those über early squares.

squaretobehip Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:58 am

t3kg wrote: Nice score. Love those über early ruby red squares.

FTFY.

Nice find!

joey1320 Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Sweet score. Loving those wheels :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

restojohnny Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Okay I am going to keep this one stock since my 67 is slammed pretty hard :lol: first things first gonna try to get the correct motor so is this the correct carb for my square ?

Tram Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:43 pm

restojohnny wrote: Okay I am going to keep this one stock since my 67 is slammed pretty hard :lol: first things first gonna try to get the correct motor so is this the correct carb for my square ?

Nope, you need a single side draft setup for your '63. Prior to 1964, engine compartments were smaller so the dual carb setup won't fit without hackery.

Hnoroian Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:01 am

I'd come pick it up tomorrow if you want to sell it :D