TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New member back into buggies (pics)
graveshaker Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Hello all, It's been many years (more like decades) since I last owned a rail buggy. When I owned one years ago forums like this was nonexistent. I've lurked this forum for weeks before joining and finally buying a rail. This buggy has a few more features that my last buggy didn't have. One feature is the cutting brake. I'm not sure if my coordination will ever allow me to use this brake effectively. I never even heard of this kind of braking until I started looking for rails. I'll list all that I can remember about the rail......

-Fully street legal and titled in MI
-IRS with 3 rib bus trans
-disk rear brakes
-single handle cutting brake
-CNC hydrolic pedals
-widened front beams
-extended rear arms
-1641 engine dual port twin carb
-sand paddles
-HID driving lights
-aluminum body panels
-limiting straps

I'm sure there is more but I can't remember everything.
Drove it around my sub division and she feels really good and very stable. Once the weather breaks I'll have a better feel for her but for now she seems alright.

orange vw Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Very cool looking rail, welcome to the forum.

BUGGUTZ Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Nice clean ride. Come spring bring er up north and play in the dirt.

graveshaker Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:27 pm

BUGGUTZ wrote: Nice clean ride. Come spring bring er up north and play in the dirt.

Will do, I have a buddy that lives in Harrison near Leola Trails. My number one priority destination will be Silver Lakes Dunes. I've never been but that'll change real soon.

BUGGUTZ Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 am

I have been meaning to get to Silver Lake as well. My buddy pumped me full of expensive parts to run there but I dont have a tow rig for my enclosed trailer anymore. So I moved up north to a trail heavy area. Came up from CapaC area.