TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Archive Camper Van Footage Request
SOSHelp Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 am

Hi all,

I’m part of the production team for the new series of Car SOS – a car restoration programme on National Geographic. We take a car in secret from an owner who for whatever reason can’t restore it themselves, do it up and then hand it back to them as a surprise.

For one of the episodes in the new series we’re featuring a 1971 Bay Window Camper. At the beginning of the episode we have a section where we detail the history and heritage of the marque and we would love to include some footage of Campers when they were first launched. I have spoken to VW themselves and they don’t have any footage they can grant me the rights to use. Therefore I was wondering if anybody on here has or might know of anybody that has any old footage of Campers that we could potentially use in the programme? Bit of a random request I know! But hopefully somebody might view it as an opportunity to get their Camper and / or video footage on TV.

I can be reached on this email at any time or alternatively by phone on 07702 099 802 any time or 0207 449 3249 during work hours.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Matt

busdaddy Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 pm

:popcorn: :wink: