TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Out of the mouths of babes
pb_foots Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 am

Comments from my 3 year old.

"Dad, have you made our buggy a turbo buggy yet?" "I want to push the button"

"you said a bad word". when? "When you were under the buggy"

"Why do other cars have their engines in the frunk"?

kevin3406 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:24 am

that's awesome! my kids comments when they first rode in the Baja: bubba said DANG DAD ITS TOO LOUD! monkey said ARE WE REALLY GOIN OFF THE ROAD IN THIS? squeaky said DAD THERES NO TV IN THE BACK. fun stuff hahaha!

Da TOW'D Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 pm

My grandson said "your Grateful Dead sticker is fading and falling off".
I said," It has been on the transporter before your Mom was born".
he said "wow that is a really long time"
he is 16

fatty1970 Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:47 am

lol my son is 4 he say "you taking my bolkswagen daddy you fixed it already"

hey pb foots man where did you get your kiddos beanie that thing is rad??

pb_foots Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:34 am

Got it at a local show, there's a guy who sells all kinds of VW logo hats. I got him a safari looking hat too, but he won't wear it. He has a Hunter Thompson bucket hat that he loves when it's too sunny for the white one.

Funny how attached they get to the Bug, huh? Must be the size. I have 3 other cars that he couldn't care less about.

Schwing Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:57 am

fatty1970 wrote: lol my son is 4 he say "you taking my bolkswagen daddy you fixed it already"

hey pb foots man where did you get your kiddos beanie that thing is rad??

My son calls them bulkswagens too! He also prefers white balltz, which are white walls. He has memorized all tail light configurations for beetle and bus haha. Most kids have excellent taste. His favorite are the bullet turn sniggles on my oval.

fatty1970 Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 am

lol yeah it gets me everytime he says it. ""we driving the bolkswagen to day daddy?'' yeah I used to have a 65 nova four door and he would ask how the front seat folds down he would wait for me to help him but showed him that all nice cars didn't come as 2 doors he always prefers the bug over anything as well my first love will be his

bandi Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:53 pm

My 7 year old god-daughter saw my '69 Bug and said "I saw a movie about a car like this... it used to be a race car, but then it got in trouble on a boat and got dropped in the ocean, but then a kid rescued it and sold bananas from it."

I suppose that's the condensed version of Herbie Goes Bananas.

(Two years later and she's talking about restoring one for herself to have it ready for when she gets her license.)