TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: NJ - 2014 Paul Goerz Memorial Mustache Ride 05/03/14 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
jhicken Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Come celebrate the life of a very dear member of ours who passed away 02/11/12. Paul was the kind of club member any club would be lucky to have. Always there to help out, never asked for anything, and when he wasn't with us, he was cruising to every local car show and cruise night spreading the word. He was our number one ambassador and we miss him dearly.

This is the third annual Mustache Ride and Kampout and it keeps getting better and better. Last year we had 50 cars on the cruise, this year we expect a lot more. On top of that, we are going to have our Klub Kampout after the cruise at the Panther Lake Camping Resort!

Click here for the website:
http://www.cjvws.com/mustacheride.html

Here for the thread on our club forum:
http://www.cjvws.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=616

And here to download a flyer:
http://www.cjvws.com/images/mustacheride2014.pdf

So come on out for a great little cruise in Paul's honor.

-jeffrey

MrBreeze Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Me & the wife will be there.

Weird.....after I posted I went back to my desktop that has rotating wallpaper and it was a picture of my bus and Pat Duffy's bug from the first ride

caseydenise Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:31 pm

This year should be better than the last! We are working hard to make this tradition a good one. Can wait to see everyone and enjoy the cruise. I encourage everyone to wear a mustache- real or fake!

caseydenise Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:36 pm

MrBreeze wrote:

Weird.....after I posted I went back to my desktop that has rotating wallpaper and it was a picture of my bus and Pat Duffy's bug from the first ride

That's Paul's old beetle!

wahlers Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 am

I'm in! I can't wait. This is a great event every year. I've got many fond memories of Paul, and this is a great way to pay a little tribute to the man's memory. He would love it.

73sports Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Looks like I'm scheduled to work that day. That sucks. I had a great time last year, and the ruben at the brew pub was pretty good too. I'll have to at least drive something aircooled that day with the mustache magnet on it!

Bucky Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm really looking forward to this event. My favorite part of the VW hobby is driving my car to the shows, so having a rolling show where all you see out the windshield and rear view mirror is vintage VWs is hard to beat. Thanks to Casey and everyone organizing this event and carrying on Paul's memory. The Chatterbox is a nice choice for the new cruise destination. I was there last summer and really enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure there is a classic car show every Saturday night there too, so it'll be fun crashing it with 50+ air cooled VWs.

caseydenise Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 am

Anyone else coming out for the cruise? :D

MMW Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Here is a pic of the camping area for the cruise. Cabins also available.

caseydenise Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:55 pm

That's for the recon work Mic. How's the 356?

caseydenise Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 am

Just made my camping reservation in the Cloverfield section.

Bucky Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 am

If anyone is interested in driving up together from the Bridgewater area let me know.

jhicken Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Just ordered some more Mustache magnets for everyone who attends. I'm so looking forward to this.

-jeffrey

caseydenise Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:57 am

Nice work Jeffery! Everyone loved those last year.

jhicken Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:21 am

Thanks for pulling it all together Casey!

-jeffrey

pheall Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:54 am

I want to go to this event. How do I register?

caseydenise Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:28 pm

No need to register! Just be there the morning of the cruise. The information is on the flyer. If you want to camp contact the campground directly. See you there!!!

MMW Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Anyone else getting excited? Can't wait to cruise the roads & have some great air-cooled fellowship.

Stanagon Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 am

Anyone camping fri nite?

caseydenise Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm only going Saturday might so far. If you end up going Friday I would come hang out.