TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Questions under my baja.. Trans..
HOTMOPR Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Is this normal?

I think not. But I gotta ask. How do I fix it?

also is this trans anything special?

HOTMOPR Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Also recently I noticed when putting down the driveway in first gear if I bump the throttle I can feel the pedal move when I it chugs. It will accelerate faster than what I had pressed the pedal. I hope that makes sense.. lol Id assume it has to do with flex in that trans mount. Sound right?

Brian Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm

dual side cover late model transmission with a crappy urethane transmission mount.

sloboatnova Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:24 am

your transmission mount is shot alowing the engine to move in ways that are pulling on the throttle cable. I'd replace it with either a solid mount kit or a stock replacement. Urethane sucks. Replacing it is just wrench work. Nothing complicated.

HOTMOPR Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Ok so I don't need to pull the motor and trans? Would a solid mount kit with the rear saddle bethe way to go? I saw a kit for about 55$ from Dan's.

tripicana Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:40 pm

You're going to have to move the trans/motor back to get the front mount in. If its in a rail or baja with rear cut, you can probably do it without completely removing it. Support it well so it doesn't fall on you.
Solid moUnt is personal preference, some people say it transfers a lot of noise and vibrations. Just don't mix solid and soft mounts.

HOTMOPR Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:26 pm

tripicana wrote: You're going to have to move the trans/motor back to get the front mount in. If its in a rail or baja with rear cut, you can probably do it without completely removing it. Support it well so it doesn't fall on you.
Solid moUnt is personal preference, some people say it transfers a lot of noise and vibrations. Just don't mix solid and soft mounts.
Cool Thanks. Ill go solid. Its all ready loud and vibrates with the mudders on it.. lol